Dark Knight Joker Heath Ledger Life Size Display With Modified Lifecast Bust

Monteburns

Sr Member
I finished painting up & hairing my Heath Ledger Joker modified lifecast.
I am really happy i chose this particular bust to finish as the likeness is killer.
I finally finished the life size display with costume.
I really took my time so that i would get a nice finished result.
He is holding a playing card but it may be tough to see in my pics.

This is the bust before I got the mannequin & proper costume.

Flesh Tone before Joker make up

Before Pic

I will be adding a full body display in the future once the costume & proper mannequin are acquired.

Last edited:
Re: Dark Knight Joker Heath Ledger Life Size Bust Modified Lifecast That I Painted

THAT is incredible!!! Top notch work all the way around.

Re: Dark Knight Joker Heath Ledger Life Size Bust Modified Lifecast That I Painted

:eek Very well done. Beyond impressed with your finish work here. This is the first of my resin blanks that I've seen finished.:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Tell us about the hair. And the eyes.

I 2nd that would love to know abou the hair. Great work

Looks great! You really did a great job on the hair.

Thanks for the positive complements on the paint up.
It took me awhile to finish it up as I did not want to rush it.

The hair is just a generic light brown womens wig that I thinned out & styled to get the right look.
It is slightly darker in person but the sun is shining brightly from the side.
It was tricky receding the wig & I also hand laid the hair line & eyebrows to give it a more natural look.

The eyes are an extra set of brown 27mm eyes that I already had.
The best eyes that I use are Tech Optics.

I am really tempted to grind off all the sculpted hair on my Jack Nicholson Joker & add a proper wig.

Last edited:

Looks fantastic. Great work

Reel

Thanks again guys.

I look forward to making it a life sized display.
It was a really fun paint up that flowed along quite nicely.

Last edited:

I curled the hair a little bit more & added more green tones to it.
I am happy with the overall look of the hair now .

I picked up a really nice mannequin & more costume pieces.
The shoes will be tricky to complete.
Hopefully I will finish this full size display up in the next couple months.

Hi Monteburns, Great job loving your work

The Joker Wig is Very Realistic , Would you be willing to share a link for the wig you purchased

Looking forward to seeing your complete work

If you have time check out my Bane Cheers Mate

great work from you

can´t wait to see new photos from the Progress of your work

Your Bane turned really well & is very high end. :cheers

The wig that I used for this Joker is just a basic womens long haired curly light brown wig. ( I tossed the packaging so I don't have the exact model number)
These types of generic womens wigs can be found in a local costume shops or online for $30.
If you thin it out & style it you can get good results.
I used a curling iron to get the spiral curl to look a little better so it did not lay so flat.
Don't use too high of a heat or you will melt the wig.

It will never look quite as good as punched hair on silicone but that was never in my price range/ budget.

I am taking my time putting together the costume & proper shoes to finish this display right.
I'll definitely post some pics once this guy is life sized.

looks great! this is also the first finished resin one i have seen and you haven't disappointed . great work all round

Would you be willing to share with us how you colored the hair and the kind of glue/technique you used to attach the wig/loose hair?

What I used to dye the hair was a green liquid dye & it was a real pain to get it to stick to synthetic hair. ( Green hands for a couple days)
I think it would be easier 2 use the lime green spray dye from party shops to avoid the huge mess of dealing with liquid dye.

I always prefer to glue down the wig on resin busts with hot glue so that it never moves or comes off.
Too make the wig look a little more natural I take some of the hair that I cut off & glue it on the hair line 1 hair at a time with nail glue or crazy glue.

I am currently working on the shoes right now.
It has been really tricky to replicate the shoes that Ledger wore but I am almost there.

Would you be willing to share with us how you colored the hair and the kind of glue/technique you used to attach the wig/loose hair?

Thanks for the compliment. :cheers

Your work is always top shelf & your commissioned bust has been a real pleasure to work on.

looks great! this is also the first finished resin one i have seen and you haven't disappointed . great work all round

Hey it looks fantastic!!!! Looks very lifelike. I had a question in regards to the eyebrows. How did you lay them? Bottom inside out or what? U use nail glue for them? I've looked forever for a guide or how2 on laying false eyebrows lol

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to lay the hair on the eyebrows from the outside of the face inward to the top of the nose in a shingle overlapping technique.
It can be time consuming & tricky to make look natural.

You can use nail glue, krazy glue or even a clear silicone.
Which ever works best for you & bonds to the resin.

Hey it looks fantastic!!!! Looks very lifelike. I had a question in regards to the eyebrows. How did you lay them? Bottom inside out or what? U use nail glue for them? I've looked forever for a guide or how2 on laying false eyebrows lol

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back