Spidey Faceshell

MandrillSphinx

Hi there!

I saw the Spidey costume made by luna (orhadar print!?) and was totally flashed!
I bought the original pattern from gunhead and made a testprint wich was awesome! Now my suit will be printed soon and now my research is about the faceshell.

There are many faceshells out there and i have a lot of ideas how to mold and finally make it. BUT i dont know the material i should use for it. I didnt found anything about that.

I saw a transparent faceshell and the mold for it, there are red and black shells. (i know the color doesnt matter) ;)
Same with the lense frames. What material to use for it?

One or two links to shops with that stuff would help a lot!

What are your suggestions? Can you help me with that info?

Greetings
Kevin

Hi Kevin, glad you liked my project.
The faceshell I used to curve my lenses was an AZSpidey Faceshell, which you can get here. It's vaccuform molded out of high-impact ABS plastic.
Likewise, there's also a couple universal shells made by TJack, which I believe are also ABS plastic:
http://www.therpf.com/f13/tjacks-universal-face-shell-asm2-option-now-available-189312/

MCL34N slush casts his faceshell out of several layers of durable urethane:
http://www.therpf.com/f13/mcl34ns-amazing-spider-man-2-face-shell-magnetic-lenses-196711/

Lens frames are usually cast out of liquid plastic resin, urethane, or made of fiberglass.
Hope that info is helpful.

Cheers,
--Luna

Thx 4 info.
I try to find the right material. i dunno if a hard, a little bit flexible rubber mask is it, or a harder non flexible plastic mask.
Hope to get an email from a shop today, where they sell diffrent materials, that should do it!

Greetings
Kevin

odd question,
I tend to lurk on here rather than post, and while i've been a part of the rpf for a long while, i rather not **** post until i reach 50 posts. this unfortunately means I can't access the junkyard. is there anyother way for me to get a hold of these face shells? i've been slowly putting my spidersuit together for a while now, and i'm hope to debut it at dragon con this year but would definitely like to have the shell to support the mask (my nose is far too big face is too lumpy to pull off a good spiderman without it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back