D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

I just can’t watch this show anymore. It used to be my favorite show, but this season has been so horribly bad. Council of Harry’s? What a painful joke. Flash is utterly useless in a fight, and it feels like each episode is just a rehash of the previous one. And the over-the-top acting of every villain, wait, I mean every new character is embarrassingly bad. What a massive waste.

It really is, especially when you remember that this is Barry Allen, the guy who can run so fast he can go back in time, and that's got to be faster than electricity moves through the brain, hence he should be able to move so fast that the Thinker can't out-think him. But no, it's all about the idiotic drama, so Barry screws up constantly and nobody considers just how powerful Flash actually is.

This show is now painfully stupid.

I agree that this season has left me uncaring about the characters on this show. It is terribly written and way over acted by the villains. If it is on I will maybe watch it but I just no longer care about any of the characters.

Arrow isn't much better IMHO. Diaz is such a badass...Go get Cisco, breach him to Earth 15 - a dead earth. Problem solved. In fact I'd make earth 15 my dumping ground for bad guys.

Last edited:
Arrow isn't much better IMHO. Diaz is such a badass...Go get Cisco, breach him to Earth 15 - a dead earth. Problem solved. In fact I'd make earth 15 my dumping ground for bad guys.

My problem with all of these DC shows is the absurd number of characters that mean nothing and the stupid decisions of pretty much every character to generate "drama". I honestly want Oliver to go back to being a solo act, maybe with Felicity in the bunker, killing people like he did in the first season. No more Mayor Queen. No more relationship nonsense. Just Oliver getting back to basics when the show was actually good.

Of course, that will never happen, so I'm just going to stop watching this train wreck altogether.

I'm glad I'm not alone in hating this season. The occasional appearance by Katee Sackhoff does so very little to mitigate the utter ridiculousness of The Thinker. They've madequate him basically omniscient and the last several episodes have left me feeling that if this were an rpg I was participating in, I would have called bull**** on the GM ages ago and stopped attending if things didn't improve. I'm all for powerful bad guys who aren't speedsters, but they over-corrected into "can't win, don't try" territory.

I'm glad I'm not alone in hating this season. The occasional appearance by Katee Sackhoff does so very little to mitigate the utter ridiculousness of The Thinker. They've madequate him basically omniscient and the last several episodes have left me feeling that if this were an rpg I was participating in, I would have called bull**** on the GM ages ago and stopped attending if things didn't improve. I'm all for powerful bad guys who aren't speedsters, but they over-corrected into "can't win, don't try" territory.

Unfortunately, that's how comics have operated for decades. It's why superheroes have to be rebooted constantly. The good guys beat the bad guys. The bad guys are therefore made stronger so they can challenge the good guys. That means the good guys have to dig deep and become even stronger to beat the bad guys. Lather, rinse, repeat until you've got two all-powerful forces destroying planets in their wake, then they reset the power level back to something reasonable and do it all over again and again and again. It's not like the same thing hasn't happened in every single season of Flash, when he should have been able to beat them easily, but they have to do endless training montages and having the heroes acting ridiculously stupid so they can fall for the most transparent ploys of the bad guys, so they can have a big fight in the end and the good guys can be victorious. Expect the same thing to happen, season after season, especially when these shows are on a channel that appeals to teenagers and very young adults.

I just officially gave up on The Flash. It isn't completely bad, but I realized I was grinding to finish out the season and didn't really care how it was resolved. And more goofy therapist scenes, and Wells trying to do comedy... ugh.

I liked the overall tone of this season more than the last, season 3 was a huge bummer, but I agree with most of the complaints that it's just getting ridiculous. There were so many holes in the whole Thinker thing. The writers were definitely struggling to find reasons Barry couldn't beat him. When his plan started to come into focus it was interesting for like an episode and then they overshot and it was just stupid. Like, worse than "Thanos could have just used the stones to make infinite resources" stupid. I like the characters, and I like the show at a certain level of campy, and it's gone way beyond that. And yea, the council of Wells was incredibly painful, and I was super mad when they actually brought it back.

Their big problem across the board last year was focusing an single villain pretty much exclusively, and having the heroes beaten week after week until the season finale's. You may not need to sprinkle in 'monster of the week' episodes, but the good guys need to win some battles along the way. Otherwise it does just drag on.

Their big problem across the board last year was focusing an single villain pretty much exclusively, and having the heroes beaten week after week until the season finale's. You may not need to sprinkle in 'monster of the week' episodes, but the good guys need to win some battles along the way. Otherwise it does just drag on.

The problems were numerous. Thinker was hardly in the show through the middle of the season, but he was one of those villains who is always 3 steps ahead, who foresees everything perfectly, right up until the end when he misses the blatantly obvious and gets defeated. I detest that kind of villain, I have in every show that has used it and a lot have. They pulled the same thing on Bones many years ago with their stupid super genius serial killer. They did the same thing on Murdoch Mysteries with James Gillies. They do this all the time and it ALWAYS fails. You cannot have someone who never makes mistakes suddenly start making mistakes. It's lazy writing. And that's what characterizes all of the CW shows anymore.

I'm glad he finally got the ring with the suit in it, but there is something about that new cowl I don't like. Almost looks like it's too small for his head or something. Seems to have too much chin and neck showing.

The episode I thought was good. The new suit sucks. Also I hope the writer's have something actually planned for Nora except for ignoring her parents requests to stay put, then messing things up only to be resolved at the end of the episode.

I'm glad he finally got the ring with the suit in it, but there is something about that new cowl I don't like. Almost looks like it's too small for his head or something. Seems to have too much chin and neck showing.

The “helmet” and cloth neck looks like how Daredevils suit is made

The daughter/speedster's costume is awful! The WB is totally incapable of coming up with good original costumes. Other than the classic Flash and Supergirl costume, have they EVER made an original costume that looked good?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back