D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

Felicity and Oliver were a bit of a dick to Barry and Iris wedding though, couldn't they have let them just have theirs first without hijacking it for their own?

I think her interruption was pretty rude, but the actual way the ceremony worked out was nice. She probably should have asked, though.

Apparently though he can go about 150 mph on that motorcycle, since he only got there like 5 seconds late.

Not too bad. Most of the things I'd mention already have been.

Barry just letting Wells go.... really? That's the best you could come up with? Okay, don't kill him, but... c'mon.

So we have a nice guy version of Snart....who STILL READS EVERY LINE like a smarmy a-hole. There's no excuse for it in this version of him. Can we start an Indiegogo to buy a new delivery from this guy?!??!

Noticed something in the (final) wedding scene that happens from time to time on these shows: eyeglasses reflecting something off camera that seems to be green screens, or perhaps monitors with green in them for later comps.... whatever it is, something in production we shouldn't be seeing....

Where was Clark again?

Can someone please explain how the hell Thawne is alive? He was erased from time, no?! How did he survive? I don't recall the show even really bothering to explain it.

Can someone please explain how the hell Thawne is alive? He was erased from time, no?! How did he survive? I don't recall the show even really bothering to explain it.

He was erased from the Earth-1 timeline. However, being in a different timeline (Earth X) protected him from the erasure.

He was erased from the Earth-1 timeline. However, being in a different timeline (Earth X) protected him from the erasure.

That....does not make a lick of sense. Not even a little bit.

Here's the thing. If Thawne is on Earth-1 and gets erased from the Earth-1 timeline because Eddie (remember him?) shot himself, and we see Thawne disappear because all of his time remnants get eaten by the time wraiths.

So, if that happened.....

Who is left to go to Earth-X in the first place?

The only way this works is if we simply treat Thawne as functionally immortal, because he can be everywhere at once. Alternatively, the Thawne we saw from Earth-X is the Earth-X Thawne, and Earth-1's Thawne really is gone, and everyone only exists in parallel with each other.

THIS actually makes the most sense, because we've already seen that to be the case. Barry is a forensic investigator on Earth-2, for example, and Jay Garrick is the Flash there. So, logically, there would be at least a potential for an Eobard Thawne to exist on Earth-2. The only thing missing there would be that the Eobard from Earth-2 wouldn't necessarily have a personal vendetta against Barry, and especially not the Barry from Earth-1.

So, ultimately, the Earth-X thing either makes zero ****ing sense, or the Thawne there should have no reason to give a crap about Earth-1 Barry/Flash, other than because the Earth-X people think all the Earth-1 people are weak and stupid. But the notion that the Thawne on Earth-X is actually the Thawne from Earth-1? No. Sorry. Doesn't fly. Not by any of the rules they've established in-universe. Just saying "Oh, I was hiding on Earth-X" shouldn't matter, if you've been erased from all of time because the preceding version of you that GOT you to Earth-X in the first place is gone.

I suppose one possible explanation is that the Earth-X Thawne was "shielded" from the time wraiths while on Earth-X, but once he's back on Earth-1, they should be gunning (running?) for him.

I guess the other part I object to is that, while true to how comics have operated for generations, it still strikes me as supremely lame when a storyline essentially undoes the central act of consequence that it's spent an entire season or multiple seasons attempting to resolve. Thawne surviving Eddie's gunshot sort of made sense, given the time-wimey wibbly wobbly bits, especially when the time wraiths were the result. But Thawne from Earth-X just seems like a cop out.

I am honestly so sick and tired of them bringing back past enemies on all of these shows. I never want to see Thawne again. I never want to see Damien Dahrk again. Let them die already! Just because you have the actor hanging around and he's cheap to have play another character doesn't mean you have to keep bringing that character back!

I thought Earth X Supergirl could have been at least made up a bit more differently. She has darker lipstick, but that's it. She's still cute as a button, no menace.

I keep having to force myself to ignore one thing, because it would undermine the entire premise of multiple earths and dopplegangers in the first place:

If Earth-X is an alternate history Earth, where three major world cities were nuked and the Nazis won, VERY FEW of the people alive today would exist. Not just because of different/more people dying during the war, but because of all the rippling differences that would create. Grandma and Grandpa never had that chance meeting in Brooklyn so they married other people, etc.

There would be a few parallel people, but very few, and their own histories would be very different. Even if there is an Oliver Queen on Earth X, how freaky is it that he also took up the bow and arrow? Stuff like that.

It's a comic book, Jay, it's a comic book......

That was the thing I found strange, if the nazis had been in power for 60s years, why were there any Jewish or gay people left to go into the concentration camps?

The one thing that bugged me is they said there are 53 Supergirls... so where is the Earth 1 Supergirl (and Superman for that matter)?

Barry wan't supposed to become the Flash until 2020, perhaps that's around when Clark Kent will arrive in Metropolis to work for the Planet on Earth 1. I assume Eobard accelerating things on Earth One is why we haven't seen any other Barry Allen Flashes on other Earths as well.

glunark people have been trying to get rid of us for thousands of years. 60 years is nothing.
Solo4114 Thawne in the comics is essentially a time reminant. When Flash point happened he was essentially set free from the time stream. That is why in season 2 we essentially have his origin story. I believe they explained it that Thawne hasn't reached the time in his time line for Eddy to erase him. Also time travel never makes sense in these things.

Also Jay was actually the Flash of Earth 3. Solomn assumed his identity (and added the helmet) on Earth 2 so he could play both good and bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barry wan't supposed to become the Flash until 2020, perhaps that's around when Clark Kent will arrive in Metropolis to work for the Planet on Earth 1. I assume Eobard accelerating things on Earth One is why we haven't seen any other Barry Allen Flashes on other Earths as well.

That's really why all of the alternate Earth nonsense is so stupid and why there was a Crisis to begin with. Because if there are 53 Supergirls out there on every other Earth but ours, why is ours so slow? It's the same year in all of them, why do we have a Barry Allen Flash and others don't and others have a Supergirl and we don't? And why haven't the Flash gang gone out and found Kara and Clark if they know they're out there? I mean, they have these massive alien invasions, you'd think that someone like Superman and Supergirl would show up to help, wouldn't you?

That's really why all of the alternate Earth nonsense is so stupid and why there was a Crisis to begin with. Because if there are 53 Supergirls out there on every other Earth but ours, why is ours so slow? It's the same year in all of them, why do we have a Barry Allen Flash and others don't and others have a Supergirl and we don't? And why haven't the Flash gang gone out and found Kara and Clark if they know they're out there? I mean, they have these massive alien invasions, you'd think that someone like Superman and Supergirl would show up to help, wouldn't you?

Didn't Thawne (Reverse Flash) make Barry become the Flash early so Barry could help him get back to his time?

It hasn't been explained why Flash's Earth has no Supergirl. But it would not be difficult to explain away. Krypton didn't explode, doesn't exist at all in Earth1 universe, etc.

Supergirl was on CBS and the crossovers with her couldn't really happen in full-force yet. Invasion! was the first opportunity after CW got Supergirl. There is probably some kind of permission reason they can't use Superman more than they have. Also, it's like marvel movies "why don't they just call the avengers everytime?" because then you couldn't do personal stories like Winter Soldier or Iron Man 3.

Last edited:
Thawne (Reverse Flash) made Barry become the Flash early so Barry could help him get back to his time. That's why Earth1 has a Flash before 2020.

It hasn't been explained why Flash's Earth has no Supergirl. But it would not be difficult to explain away. Krypton didn't explode, doesn't exist at all, etc on Earth1.

Supergirl was on CBS and the crossovers with her couldn't really happen in full-force yet. Invasion! was the first opportunity after CW got Supergirl. There is probably some kind of permission reason they can't use Superman more than they have.

But they've already said that EVERY OTHER EARTH has a Supergirl. So now you have to explain why all of the rest have them and this one doesn't. That's not so easy to explain away. Now of course, there are all kinds of legal reasons why they do the things they do, but those are external to the story and the story has to make sense. It just doesn't. People watching the show don't care about the behind the scenes minutia. That's the difference between good writing and bad writing. Good writing answers the questions. Bad writing makes excuses for them.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back