D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

The CW shows aren't connected to Man of Steel (at least, not yet), Constantine won't be connected to anything, and neither will Gotham.

Which is a big waste if you ask me, but hey.

they also said they will never include super powers, yet here we have deathstroke with superhuman strength, and flash with the speed - so i dont believe anything they say

The CW shows aren't connected to Man of Steel (at least, not yet), Constantine won't be connected to anything, and neither will Gotham.

Which is a big waste if you ask me, but hey.

And this is why DC is so screwed :facepalm it's like the right hand don't know what to do with the left.

Why in god's name would DC say they won't do super powers? That's like a super market saying they won't sell food.

I don't remember them saying that at all.
While many viewers may be hoping that the CW's Arrow will be another Smallville, there are some basic differences between the shows. For one thing Arrow will be a lot darker, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen has been damaged by his experiences, and unlike Smallville's Clark Kent (Tom Welling), Queen doesn't hesitate to kill the gangsters that control the underworld of Star City. Secondly, no one in Arrow will have superpowers. While it was true that, especially at first, Smallville played down (or at least limited) Clark's superpowers, they were present from the beginning and expanded as the series progressed.

you couldve also just googled it.

I doubt they'd connect the TV shows to the films as they are being made by different companies, and you know how easily rival networks work with each other..
So I'm not sure what they're going to do with Flash, I imagine they don't either, or are hoping that by the time Justice League starts shooting "Flash The Show" has crashed and burnt.

I am all for picking up Green Lantern from where it left off. The movie was painful to watch, but it didn't damage anything. Ryan Reynolds is a great Hal Jordan (looks the part and has the cocky attitude down for sure). I think it'd be hard getting him to go with it though, considering his possible role in a Deadpool movie.

The DC selling point is to make everything (Superman, Arrow ...) "darker", it seems.
Since Nolan's Dark Knight garnered so much credibility they just want to repeat that tone with everything ... which is lame-brained.

I doubt they'd connect the TV shows to the films as they are being made by different companies, and you know how easily rival networks work with each other..

I don't think they'll connect them either, but I do believe Warner Bros. owns the CW network (TheCW used to be named TheWB after all), so they could if they wanted to.

sort of:

It is a limited liability joint venture[2] between CBS Corporation, the former owners of the United Paramount Network (UPN), and Time Warner subsidiary Warner Bros. Entertainment, former majority owner of The WB Television Network. The "CW" name is derived from the first letters of the names of these corporations (CBS and Warner Bros.). The network made its debut after its two predecessors, UPN and The WB, respectively ceased independent operations on September 15 and September 17, 2006.

(wiki)

How did everyone feel about Flash's portrayal in Arrow?
I absolutely loved it, he was/is a personal that hasn't been in any other character on that show so far, and it's bloody refreshing.
My only concern is that he doesn't seem like a confident person who could be in independent hero. I'm hoping that we will get to see him develop as each episode goes along, instead of in Arrow where we were presented the final product then given flashbacks and small amounts of development along the way.

To be fair, you can't really call Season 1 Oliver a 'final product' as he has continued to evolve as the show has progressed. At first, he was doing what he did out of revenge, dropping bodies like it was a hailstorm, but now he's actively avoiding killing unless there is absolutely no other choice.

I would liken it more to a computer program. Season 1 Oliver is Version 1.0 and we've seen improvements on the product as time goes on. The flashbacks are more of the initial development process and alpha/beta versions that weren't ready for public consumption.

I would liken it more to a computer program. Season 1 Oliver is Version 1.0 and we've seen improvements on the product as time goes on. The flashbacks are more of the initial development process and alpha/beta versions that weren't ready for public consumption.[/QUOTE]

Poor explanation on my side - I don't mean that Oliver was a final product (because that would insinuate he had no character progression at all) but I mean he was physically and mentally ready to fight. Barry may have the powers of the Flash but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will be strong, just like how Roy had the drug in him but he was still a weak fighter. And I don't think that Bary is even remotely strong enough mentally to cope with injuring others- which might lead into the whole "I'm fast enough to save everyone, I don't have to make these choices" thing.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes I guess, I'm super excited.

Poor explanation on my side - I don't mean that Oliver was a final product (because that would insinuate he had no character progression at all) but I mean he was physically and mentally ready to fight. Barry may have the powers of the Flash but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will be strong, just like how Roy had the drug in him but he was still a weak fighter. And I don't think that Bary is even remotely strong enough mentally to cope with injuring others- which might lead into the whole "I'm fast enough to save everyone, I don't have to make these choices" thing.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes I guess, I'm super excited.

So we're in agreement.

So, did anybody see the pilot ? Apparently it leaked yesterday and is all over the internet, creating a very good buzz so far

Okay, I won't tell you how or where other than to say that it was leaked online, but I just watched the first episode of this show.

I can, without a doubt, unequivocably say that this show is going to be absolutely fantastic. There are so many little things (and not so little things) that are shout outs to the DC universe at large that your inner fanboy will be squealing with delight.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back