D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

Don't recall any mention in the change of age. It was a chat between felicity and barry and he asked about diggle's daughter and she said 'you mean son' or something like that.

Overall OK episode, really enjoyed Julian's character open up, and Barry was just an excellent, balanced guy throughout.

Only thing that really got to me was Caitlin holding the info back from the team. I don't particularly think there is a solid enough reasoning to hide it, as scared as she may be.

Seems as if it's controlling her. As if it's not Caitlin with powers, but moreso Killer Frost taking her over.

I also really liked Tom Felton in this. Showing he's a really good actor. Still think he's gotta be Alchemy. You don't get a name like that to just be a second CSI.

Seems as if it's controlling her. As if it's not Caitlin with powers, but moreso Killer Frost taking her over.

I also really liked Tom Felton in this. Showing he's a really good actor. Still think he's gotta be Alchemy. You don't get a name like that to just be a second CSI.

I hope that if it is, it's better than split personality. I know his name is close to the alchemy name and alchemy is a split personality. I think that means that the writers might have something more devious up their sleeve.

The killer frost thing is a bit strange that shes having fits of rage type thing. Its not a good enough reason to have her turn really.

Agreed on Felton, he nails it. I especially like "Goodnight mate" - that is something very few americans doing english people would put in, and just reminded me that he is an english actor smashing it on a very talented cast of americans/canadians etc. Its also (reading way too much into it) a great way to show that despite his fairly posh accent and coming from money, that he said himself he was an odd one...someone with a wealthy background as he described, old money etc, generally wouldnt tend to use "mate" either. Not in a work environment. So that was a tiny little touch that I appreciated as a Brit.

Tom Felton really made this episode for me. I really liked the vulnerability he showed at the end. As far as him being Alchemy I really have my doubts about it. I mean they did come out last year and let us know that "Fake Jay" was Zoom. I would hope that we could have a little bit more, I don't know if this is the right word but variety in who the bad guys are than just the obvious new person.

A LOT of american TV suffers from 'guilt by casting'.

99% of the time, you see a who-dunnit show, for example, and in the beginning it lists its guest starts as 5 people you've never heard of and a 'Tom Welling' or basically a name you recognize - and that's who the bad guy is. It's rarely used as a misdirection. Sad but true.

That's why i see a much larger role in store for Felton. Unless he's just a mega fan of the show and just wanted in, he's too big a name to stick in a 'just an office guy' role. They could go in any number of directions but, the norm so far has been having the big bad be there from the start only we didn't know it yet. There don't seem to be too many people who could be Alchemy other than him at this point.

As for Caitlin, the girl they saved that got her powers from Alchemy said she started having dreams of them then this alchemy person came along and was able to bring the powers across from the now defunct timeline. The implication is that Wally may get his that way (right after that is when they gave us his line about having them in his dreams). I don't think she's said if she dreamed of having powers one way or the other. But it seems that there's a way for the powers people had to bleed through to this timeline. Whether that only happens through Alchemy or if it can just 'happen' remains to be seen.

This was a good one up till the reveal of Savatar. Was unimpressive the way he was show. What I mean by that is I am well past dealing with full cgi characters. That was what ruined the prequel star wars and will always just look like a video game to me.
This is just 1st appearance so I have hope Savatar will approve. I understand they have to cgi a lot but a character built solely on cgi.....never mind that.
Everyone else cool, still holding court on HR though.

Overall OK episode, really enjoyed Julian's character open up, and Barry was just an excellent, balanced guy throughout.

Only thing that really got to me was Caitlin holding the info back from the team. I don't particularly think there is a solid enough reasoning to hide it, as scared as she may be.

Keep in mind super heroe's holding back secrets has been a staple forever. Smallville did it ad nasuem.

Flash was one of the first shows to do away with that trope.

A secret lasted one episode, maybe two, and that was it. this is the longest ones gone on, i think....other than identity secrets.

I'm sorry this show is just getting too crowded and bogged down. Wally has become nothing but a whiner. I really hope if they do give him powers he goes off to be Kid Flash in an other city. Joe's relationship just is written awful. This man is a brilliant actor give him something to work with. H.R. well I think we are all on the same page on that one. Finally can someone please tell me when Megatron became the "God of Speed"? I think they need to simplify things a bit.

can someone please tell me when Megatron became the "God of Speed"? I think they need to simplify things a bit.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what he looks like at 1st glance.

Mods, i know there HAS to be a Flash Movie thread, or BAtman/Affleck thread, but i can't find it.
wanted to postthis here before i lost a link.

Not looking good for the flash movie.
and this video pretty much confirms what i've been thinking,that hollywood might be dumbing down movies so they are easier to translate for foreign language markets...making them a bit mindless...

either way, it doesn't look good for the DC movie verse.

thankfully, this video thinks if ATT merger happens, the flash tv show should be fine cause it's successful..

Last edited by a moderator:
God, this version of wally is annoying.
And they started it off with his intense dislike of loveable barry and it got worse from there.
It's very hard to root for him.

Anyone think Grodd was sent to Earth 19?

This episode was fantastic. Thoroughly ejoyed this episode. Extremely emotional and very well played scene between Barry and Caitlin.
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode that is right up until the very end with the reveal being just very very weak imo. Everyone knew that was coming it would seem and it played very unenthusiastically.
I remember when reveals were enjoyable and fun. This one was just so flat.

- - - Updated - - -

Also enough with Grunberg already. He is this generations William Hootkins except Hookins was very good at his characters.

Please,,,,just enough with Grunberg already. Give someone else a chance already.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back