D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

image.jpg

I personally think this is the costume they should have gone with, just a different cowl.

Why do them have to make everyone so dark? I mean, sheesh... the guy has golden lightning bolts for ears... I don't think a red suit is going to make him too cheesy.

And is he as skinny as he looks in those shots? The outfit looks like its too big for him... I don't know... I still like the Shipp version (though I can see making him a bit thinner... but still give the guy some muscles).

Hmm. I don't mind the darker "main" color of the new suit, but as mentioned, for the Flash, I'd like to see something with less texture, & maybe more shine. That would improve/enhance the idea that he was capable of great speed (low friction), even though his clothing has no effect on his powers. I also like Chris92's photoshop of the traditional chest emblem.

BUT I definitely feel like the actor should be wearing some flavor of muscle-suit beneath the costume. It would keep it from looking like a kid trying on his dad's costume, & make him look more "super". Heck, even beefing up the legs would help immensely. And I agree, I really liked the Shipp version, even though they went a little overboard with the muscles, the costume was great.

I think I like skinny flash. He is about speed not muscles. It'll make more muscley super heroes look bigger in comparison too.

I'm curious how fast this Flash will be. I'm not a Flash reader but from what I've seen he always seemed way over powered. He could just vibrate through anything that would hurt him. Stop time practically too.

I don't have a problem with him being skinny. This is a guy who was using his mind to solve his parents mystery not training to do push ups and hand to hand combat like Arrow. I just don't like the costume in general. It looks like a motorcycle outfit. So if he trips he won't get road rash.

I don't have a problem with him being skinny. This is a guy who was using his mind to solve his parents mystery not training to do push ups and hand to hand combat like Arrow. I just don't like the costume in general. It looks like a motorcycle outfit. So if he trips he won't get road rash.

I said the same thing, he looks like BikerFlash

Skinny is fine... but Spiderman skinny... Bruce Lee skinny... he should still look like a superhero.

I read rumors about Shipp having a cameo in the new series... any more on this?

From the way he looks nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if he were playing Jay Garrick. In fact, I'm hoping he is.

Its difficult to get a good read on how he will look until we see him on film and moving around, plus with the addition of effects and what not. Personally I don't mind him being skinny, as has been mention, Flash is about speed. I am still very optimistic for this show, Grant Gustin is a fine choice for Barry Allen

I just hope the show does the character justice. Barry and Wally are 2 of my favorite DC characters, and people who dont know comics crap on the Flash all the time. he's beyond epic. he's able to patrol every street in like 4 major cities simultaneously

I hate this costume, and the casting of Grant. I will watch the show, due to being a die hard Flash fan but I am very disappointed thus far.

Wow, really? You're judging Grant Gustin's performance as Barry Allen before the show even comes out?

At least let a couple of episodes come out before you pass judgement, mmmkay?

I'll be keeping my eyes open for the "sneak peak" of the Flash supposedly airing tonight during or after the Arrow season finale tonight. I wonder if there will be any post-production work to the costume.

Something we should all consider: this could very well be a "1st draft" costume for the Flash. If he's still experimenting with his powers (which would make sense for the beginning), he could very well be a little unsure on his feet (literally) and need a biker-like outfit in case he does stumble. Or hell, maybe a couple episodes in he decides friction is becoming a problem, and he (or an ally) makes an outfit more like the spandex look of the comics. This design could very well be purposeful in that it gives the production team options to explore if they want to change things for the "better."

Oof, that was a sloppy trailer.

The show looks pretty awesome, though. I love that they're establishing Professor Zoom, it's time he got some exposure.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back