Things you're tired of seeing in movies

For me I am so tired of seeing all of these expert fighters! Just once I would like to see someone who is not that skillful at fighting but is just a straight up brawler! Kind of guy who kicks you in the nuts and smashes a beer bottle over your head! LOL

You'd love the fist fight from They Live, Roddy Piper and Keith David. One of my favorite fight scenes ever.

For me I am so tired of seeing all of these expert fighters! Just once I would like to see someone who is not that skillful at fighting but is just a straight up brawler! Kind of guy who kicks you in the nuts and smashes a beer bottle over your head! LOL

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves gets a lot of flack, but one of the things I unabashedly love about it is that for the final battle between Robin and the Sheriff, they absolutely have no clue how to use their swords. The entire thing is choreographed as just two dudes who are incredibly pissed at each other and just swinging steal around with blind hope of cutting the other guy's head off. It's glorious and goofy and brilliant.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves gets a lot of flack, but one of the things I unabashedly love about it is that for the final battle between Robin and the Sheriff, they absolutely have no clue how to use their swords. The entire thing is choreographed as just two dudes who are incredibly pissed at each other and just swinging steal around with blind hope of cutting the other guy's head off. It's glorious and goofy and brilliant.

Man that sounds like fun! I will have to check it out :)

Also gotta love it when someone slides something with relative ease to block a door. Sometimes it's giant pieces, ok that's fair enough. But I've seen people slide like, night-stand sized furniture or the like in front of a door with one hand. And somehow that stops someone from pushing it aside with the door? I'll just go out on a limb and say yeahhhh-no. Seen plenty of scenes with things propped against a door that realistically would never stop someone from busting it open.

Why is everybody in the movies or TV show an excellent typist? They move their fingers at an epic pace and NEVER look at the keyboard?

Why is everybody in the movies or TV show an excellent typist? They move their fingers at an epic pace and NEVER look at the keyboard?
First, the obvious answer--they aren't really typing, they're acting like they're typing. Second, once you learn how to type properly you don't need to look at the the keyboard because you know where the keys are. You only have to press the right keys in the proper sequence, so at most you only need to look at what you're typing to make sure you haven't made any mistakes.

First, the obvious answer--they aren't really typing, they're acting like they're typing. Second, once you learn how to type properly you don't need to look at the the keyboard because you know where the keys are. You only have to press the right keys in the proper sequence, so at most you only need to look at what you're typing to make sure you haven't made any mistakes.

I agree with that... But watching their fingers move in the same sequence over and over always strikes me as funny. I may have mentioned it before... I hit backspace more often than any other key! ;)

Phone rings...

Hero, who is with a friend, answers the phone says hello and responds to caller with "... uh huh... Right... OK... I understand... Thank you so much... OK bye"

Hero's face is filled with emotional distraught and anxiety. In some cases, our hero begins to cry.

Friend asks who was on the phone and the hero responds with "... oh it was nothing..."

:facepalm

Yup, that gets me too. As someone who uses a desktop for work purposes, all day AND being an occasional tv and movie extra whenever I’ve been plonked in front of a computer on set I’ve tried to make my computer tapping look realistic, by including The space bar, tab, numbers and the mouse in my ‘perfirmance’.

I just watched a movie that takes place on a large cargo ship in space. So of course they have one section of the ship where a lot of water is dripping like in Das Boot after being depth charged. So glad Alien started that meme.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

When a car in reverse seems to have no problem keeping pace, or even outrunning another vehicle chasing them driving forwards. Have yet to meet a car with that kind of gearing in reverse where you could get that speed, and that's not counting the instability at any significant speed for 99% of the population.

The Mythbusters did an episode where they did just that with very minimal training and we able to both go fast and keep it under control. I do understand what you are saying about 99% of the population, I for one have trouble just backing into my driveway.

Lack of smoke inhalation in burning buildings. People just spend an ungodly amount of time in a burning building, then just a quick cough and they're okay. I don't think it works that way.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back