Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Without getting into too many things, how about no matter how high a person jumps or falls from, they only seem to end up three feet under water? Research points to a generalized max depth of approx 16' at max fall speed. So when people are falling from oh, 100' up in the air... why are they not a dozen feet under! Other than having to hold their breath assuming they lived, blah blah blah.

Though I guess I can add to that, the heights that people jump/fall from, hit water with zero damage done, no injuries whatsoever regardless of the angle and position in which they hit the water.

Realizing that the hero will defeat the villains in the final battle no matter what....in most instances.
Good point. In reality, not only does the bad guy win, but the bad guy has influence with the powers that be who enact laws that make it harder for the good guy to bring the bad guy to justice.

To go with something I think I saw many pages ago: When a 'hacker' or expert is running software, it's always typed in such simple terms.

> Run SuperSecretTraceProgram

and every key phrase or search works instantly with such basic English and terms.

So many movies and shows where someone has a sword. At one point they swing it at something/someone really fast and then they stop. A second or more later, the person or thing being hit then splits in two.

I’m sure it’s been said, but hero hands either a woman or a nerd a gun and says “you know how to use one of these?” then the woman or nerd proceeds to field strip or rack the slide or whatever makes them look like they know how to use a gun most in the eyes of the director and then they reply “I think so.” Gosh darn does that make me roll my eyes harder than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good guys are hiding from the bad guys and two of the good guys choose that moment to have an argument, possibly a loud one.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Hero insists on doing something in the most difficult way possible because of pride/ honor etc. and spectacularly succeeding or failing depending on what the plot calls for.

Criminal mastermind who lives to torment the hero sends a note, or a tape, or instructs him to open a door, or go to a place, etc.

JUST DON'T! He can't torment you if you don't cooperate.
Don't take the call, don't open the envelope, don't play the tape.
Taunting plan thwarted.

Good guys that let the bad guys monologue for the longest time, when good guys have a chance to end it right there...
I can't remember which movie it was, probably one of those comedic "buddy cop" popcorn flicks, but there's at least one out there in which the bad guy starts his "Here's my evil plan" monologue and the moment the "hero" realizes what the villain is saying he shoots him in the head, then turns to his "partner" and shrugs as if to say, "What?" I wish I could remember which movie it was, because that one scene played out perfectly.

I can't remember which movie it was, probably one of those comedic "buddy cop" popcorn flicks, but there's at least one out there in which the bad guy starts his "Here's my evil plan" monologue and the moment the "hero" realizes what the villain is saying he shoots him in the head, then turns to his "partner" and shrugs as if to say, "What?" I wish I could remember which movie it was, because that one scene played out perfectly.
Star Trek VI played on this a bit, with the Klingon saying "since you're going to die anyway, I might as well tell you", and then they're beamed up a few seconds too soon.

1. Hero's saying let's go save the world. I cringe when I hear it... And why do they always have to save the world, it's unrealistic that the villain could take over billions of people. Hey Hollywood, come up with a new line already.

It was in Ghostbusters 3 and probably JL and Thor but I likely wasn't paying attention.

2. Pretty much anytime the villain keeps the hero in the loop.

3. Too many characters.

4. Bad guys wearing suits with Ray Bans.

5. Confusing plot twists and character switching sides a zillion times.

6. Slow mo action.

7. Overdone CGI action scenes/battles that go on 4-ever. Could you imagine the mine cart scene in Temple of Doom today, it would be 40min long and be all CG.

8. Lame sarcastic jokes, maybe bring in comedy writers if you want solid humor in your scripts.

in the dark a group of guys want to explore a dark building where enymies can be hiding. they only use handsigns cause maybe they can be heard. still they have huge flashlights attached to thier guns....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back