Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Stupid bad guys that REALLY need to read the Evil Overlord List.

I actually have this on the wall of my writing office (my part time job that doesn't pay anything at the moment) and about a forty page story that I work on when I need a break from my other writing that takes them all into account. A couple of people that have read it tell me I should push forward and turn it into a novel in of itself, but I think if I did that I'd have to donate proceeds to charity or something since parts of it (like "Try to take him alive, if it is reasonably practical") are pulled verbatim from the list.

As it is its a great reminder of tired cliches.

Also, second or third anyone that has said shaky camera. I shouldn't leave a movie feeling like I need to get checked for Parkinson's.

I always wanted to make a movie called 'Cliche' with every possible one crammed into it.

Unless of course that concept is one as well, in which case........

i dont mind explosions, i dont mind slow-motion, just dont have the hero (im looking at you wolverine) walking in slow-motion away from a explosion. that any my little pony....they give me the willies!

Those silly blip, beep whir noises every computer or device makes in a movie, its like they have to draw attention to the fact somebody is logging or hacking into a system with these ridiculous generic noises, its just bugs me. And, coffee cups, with no coffee in them, yet they are repeatedly raised to the mouth and drank from, even though you can see its holding no liquid :lol

lee

The awful remakes of the last couple of years, the lack of Originality, that's what I hate in movies nowadays, CGI in movies like "The Desolation of Smaug" , every single move has to be acrobatic and "Epic" it's not only awful , repetative and tiresome. it's been overdone hundreds of times in other movies.

Silly teenage spoiled brad remakes of 70's cult classics.

Bad scripts, cardboard characters, explosions/CG to cover for empty plots, etc., etc., etc.

Oh, and ugly guys married to mouth-watering women who in real life wouldn't even look at them. There's even a joke about it in Grown-Ups 2 (an inside joke because Adam Sandler is the most guilty mutt out there).

Fight scenes where they end up with cuts and bruises, but no real ill effects.....watching Tokyo Drift last night...the main character gets punched in the face, hard, several times, has a little blood, and is ok in the next scene...no swelling, pain..nothing...

Walking away from a big explosion in slo-mo with a determined, unconcerned look.

Rich

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back