Things you're tired of seeing in movies

How bout the wake up and start making out kissing. Or the we have been on the run for 2 weeks (no gum, toothpaste or scope) make out scene. Maybe Im watching the wrong movies.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The romantic comedies that I get forced to endure by my wife...

EBE8EE19-FC01-4578-846F-A533F23DF209_zpsv3futvpn.jpg

Having spent countless hours being forced like Malcolm McDowell in "A Clockwork Orange" to watch this crap, I can tell you they ALL follow the "Pretty Woman" formula:

1. Guy and girl meet.

2. Moronic hilarity ensues as they get to know each other.

3. Guy and girl fall in love. (though they don't realize it, usually, or at least the dumb guy doesn't)

4. 3/4 of the way through the film, guy screws up and loses the girl.

5. Guy "realizes" how stupid he was and performs a dramatic "don't go I love you" routine. This usually happens with the guy running to stop the girl from "taking that job in another town" or "moving on" in an over the top, pride swallowing display that screams "man bad/dumb; women good" in caveman parlance.

6. Guy and girl fall in love all over again and the movie wraps.

This has gotten so repetitive that even "Dirty Steve / Dermott Mulroney" (who has peppered his post Young a Guns career by appearing repeatedly in this "Rom Com" schlock) HAS to be getting tired of the formula.

As a matter of fact, a word of advice: if you are flipping the channels and see Dermott Mulroney in ANYTHING, move the clicker fast before your wife / girlfriend sees him, lest you be forced to endure another of his "Rom Com classics".

I gotta go..."The Proposal" is on. Whoo Hoo!!

Last edited:
That sound of a sword being drawn from a sheath (you know the one) whenever any type/size knife is withdrawn. It's been used to death. I'm waiting for the day when that sound is applied when someone picks up a knife to butter a roll.

Conveniently placed seemingly bottomless shafts.

Seriously, Palpatine... Why would you place a direct line to the likely radioactive core of your battlestation in your throne room?

Doing that is just as much of an idiotic idea as the 2m wide exhaust port. Wow, I got it. The engineers didn't SOLVE the problem that led to the destruction of the first Death Star... They just relocated it and called it an architectural feature!

I am sick of bad wire work in movies. I was watching Cloud Atlas the other day and during a battle scene an explosion went off and three people took off through the air looking exactly like how three people attached to wires would look flying through the air. The explosion had no effect on their bodies or their clothing they just took off like Peter Pan.

Last edited:
The crew of movies being super proud of crappy storylines and effects as if they've made a new masterpiece. How can you be proud of crappy sfx when you know you can do better but don't. A company in Pittsburgh was on the news because they did the 3d choppers and sand storm stuff for zero dark thirty and were super proud even though the effects weren't very good. Just proves that being mediocre is a new goal in society.

I forgot to mention.

I really can't stand this new wave of TV show trailers shown in movie theaters where the actors sit and describe their characters ... "I play this edgy cop with a with a mysterious history ... blah blah blah." "I play Jane, a schoolteacher who has lost all hope in life ...."

Even on the minute possibility that the show might even be good, the actors describing their part just makes the show seem more contrived. More often than not it just convinces me the show is entirely unoriginal and comprised of basic character archetypes.

I forgot to mention.

I really can't stand this new wave of TV show trailers shown in movie theaters where the actors sit and describe their characters ... "I play this edgy cop with a with a mysterious history ... blah blah blah." "I play Jane, a schoolteacher who has lost all hope in life ...."

Even on the minute possibility that the show might even be good, the actors describing their part just makes the show seem more contrived. More often than not it just convinces me the show is entirely unoriginal and comprised of basic character archetypes.

See, when I see those types of trailers, I immediately think "Thanks for spoiling it, JERK!!!"

I watch a show to be entertained and to discover the characters. If you TELL me about the characters, there goes the fun.

Movies being built around fart jokes and that humor. Don't get me wrong i laugh at that stuff but it can't be the entire thing a comedy is built on. It's why we haven't gotten a good mel brooks or new movie from the Police Squad guys. They did great with their few turns at scary movie but now it's gone down hill again.

The names: michael bay, damon lindelof, jj abrams, alex kurtzman, and roberto orci in the credits. Also tired of movies based on 80s properties made by directors and writers who had no interest in the subject matter back then.

Damn you took the complaints out of my head...lol although I`ll add ruining childhood treasures like Transformers and GI-JOE. in this day and age of movie fx there is no reason Gi joe and cobra are shooting bullets they shot lasers in the tv show no one ever died and injuries lasted 24 hrs lol

How bout the wake up and start making out kissing. Or the we have been on the run for 2 weeks (no gum, toothpaste or scope) make out scene.
Or the couple holding each other as they wake up and then kiss? I dated a lot and have been married for 14 years. That never happened to me once.

I have more than few:

Fights that go on for 20 minutes, which would leave you in a coma, then the person just gets up and runs off like it didn't faze them at all. Yes, you do have that rush during a fight and don't feel stuff until later, but the beatings you see in the movies would leave you on the ground, I don't care how bad-ass you are!

The tiny little female, "Ultimate Badass." Yeah, there are tiny little females who look like supermodels who probably can fight, but once you got over the intial WTF reaction, they'd have their tiny, tight little butts handed to them by most bad guys in movies. I mean really, can you possibly take that character in "Live Free or Die Hard," Bruce Willis's character was mocking that concept, even script writers can't take that seriously!

Firearms that make 'cocking' sounds when they're moved more than 1/100 of an inch. If a weapon is rattling that bad, it probably won't fire!

Walking away from explosions. As an Army officer, I was around explosions. A lot of them. You always turn and look because only a moron would just keep walking and assume a giant chunk of terra firma wasn't about the rip your head clean off (I once dodged a rock the size of a basketball that would have landed on my head had I not turned to watch for the debris coming down).

Explosions that go off 3 inches from a character and he/she just keeps going like it was nothing...

Nuclear-tipped weapons. I mean stuff that is high exposive that goes off like a 50-gallon drum of gas. Others have brought that up but it always drives me nuts. They also never get the shock wave looking right. In high humidity, an explosion pushes that moisture out in a ring from the center. Look at air strike footage from 'Nam, you'll see what I mean. Movies never get that right.

It's a minor thing but it always drives me nuts: Watch a movie where someone is driving, they never brake hard when pedestrians walk near them. Yes, on the set the drivers know where the extras will walk and they already know who's doing what. But in real life, if you see someone step out in front of you, you're gonna brake hard and honk your horn. There's no randomness in movies like you see, when people walking and cars mix...

Last edited:
Villains letting themselves be captured so their evil plot can continue. Avengers, Skyfall, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Dark Knight...come on already.

Reboots of already good movies.

All movies being composed by Hans Zimmer. Come on I want music with themes...not generic looped beats with BWAAA BAWWWWW's riddled in. I can make that in FL Studio in 5 minutes.

Shaky Cam, CGI blood, Invincible humans, Everyone looking like they came out of a fashion magazine, Bad comedies...blah blah blah.

Or the couple holding each other as they wake up and then kiss? I dated a lot and have been married for 14 years. That never happened to me once.

I have more than few:

Fights that go on for 20 minutes, which would leave you in a coma, then the person just gets up and runs off like it didn't faze them at all. Yes, you do have that rush during a fight and don't feel stuff until later, but the beatings you see in the movies would leave you on the ground, I don't care how bad-ass you are!

The tiny little female, "Ultimate Badass." Yeah, there are tiny little females who look like supermodels who probably can fight, but once you got over the intial WTF reaction, they'd have their tiny, tight little butts handed to them by most bad guys in movies. I mean really, can you possibly take that character in "Live Free or Die Hard," Bruce Willis's character was mocking that concept, even script writers can't take that seriously!

Firearms that make 'cocking' sounds when they're moved more than 1/100 of an inch. If a weapon is rattling that bad, it probably won't fire!

Walking away from explosions. As an Army officer, I was around explosions. A lot of them. You always turn and look because only a moron would just keep walking and assume a giant chunk of terra firma wasn't about the rip your head clean off (I once dodged a rock the size of a basketball that would have landed on my head had I not turned to watch for the debris coming down).

Explosions that go off 3 inches from a character and he/she just keeps going like it was nothing...

Nuclear-tipped weapons. I mean stuff that is high exposive that goes off like a 50-gallon drum of gas. Others have brought that up but it always drives me nuts. They also never get the shock wave looking right. In high humidity, an explosion pushes that moisture out in a ring from the center. Look at air strike footage from 'Nam, you'll see what I mean. Movies never get that right.

It's a minor thing but it always drives me nuts: Watch a movie where someone is driving, they never brake hard when pedestrians walk near them. Yes, on the set the drivers know where the extras will walk and they already know who's doing what. But in real life, if you see someone step out in front of you, you're gonna brake hard and honk your horn. There's no randomness in movies like you see, when people walking and cars mix...

Sadly hollywood stopped caring about reality when it stopped making war movies, now they just want it to look bigger and more amazing reality be damned. Plus they're being written by writers and cgi animators who have no clue what reality is.

Sadly hollywood stopped caring about reality when it stopped making war movies, now they just want it to look bigger and more amazing reality be damned. Plus they're being written by writers and cgi animators who have no clue what reality is.
Hollywood's disregard for realism wouldn't bother me at all if it wasn't for the fact that many folks (both public and Hollywood-types) start applying movie-reality to real life belief. e.g. misconceptions about gun-owners as uneducated, emotionally insecure or hostile people ...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back