Things you're tired of seeing in movies

any movie with combat wire work.

guy kicks another guy, who is thrown across the room, slams into a wall, busts the wall,
gets up immediately, kicks the other guy across the room...etc....

-picking locks in 2 seconds

-rooftop jumping... come on, you're falling down while you move forward, humans cant glide. i learned this from couch hopping as a kid LOL

They think everyone is a parkour expert apparently. R rated movies gutted to pg13 just to make a buck. Megan fox, shia lasucks.

the hero or person who just learned how to use a weapon can beat the bad guy at his own weapon of choice. Bad guy uses a sword, been trained & studied with it over many years. People all know and fear this guys skill with it. Hero comes in never used one, picks a sword up and the next thing you know. He highlanders the evil guy like its nothing. No! no, you die hero or barely escape cause the dude wanted a twinkie break or has to pee.

shaky cam blows too.

also, dude get hurt, break an ankle on a fall or something.

-picking locks in 2 seconds

I agree with this, especially if the characters doing the lockpicking are small-time thieves or, heavens forfend, "learned it on the Internet." On the other side of that coin we have characters who are supposed to be professional thieves. Take Leverage, for example... Parker (played by the lovely Beth Riesgraf) is quite probably the best thief in the world, and Beth Riesgraf actually learned thievery skills such as pickpocketing and lockpicking from professional "Gentleman Thief" Apollo Robbins (he was a consultant on the show and played her counterpart on another team in the episode "The Two Live Crew Job"). This guy is one of the best in the world and even managed to steal the watches, wallets, and confidential itineraries of the Secret Service agents assigned to former President Jimmy Carter during a Vegas show he was in. Beth Riesgraf got so good at pickpocketing and such that she managed to steal stuff off of HIM during the show's run.

the hero or person who just learned how to use a weapon can beat the bad guy at his own weapon of choice. Bad guy uses a sword, been trained & studied with it over many years. People all know and fear this guys skill with it. Hero comes in never used one, picks a sword up and the next thing you know. He highlanders the evil guy like its nothing. No! no, you die hero or barely escape cause the dude wanted a twinkie break or has to pee.

To be fair, many swordmasters say that they don't fear a trained swordsman. They fear the untrained ones, as they are unpredictable in combat.

It's so annoying to me when a hero or someone important is about to be killed or shot and suddenly someone sweeps in a the very last second and saves the day!! It's so incredibly annoying!!!

Americans trying to sound Australian.

I agree. All attractive Aussie women should come here in person so we can stop. :)

One thing I hate is in scifi movies when the viewport on a ship is destroyed (Star Trek Nemesis I'm looking at you...), they shouldn't have to hold on until someone finds the button that will shut the window or put up a shield. They wait until half the bridge is sucked out then someone finally reaches the control. SW ROTS got it partially right by having a bulkhead slam down, but they still had to do the holding on for dear life until it shuts thing. It did shut automatically though.

Another item about computers: I hate how they feel like the have to "dumb down" the GUI by having some giant exotic font and unessential graphics - especially if the owner is supposed to be some guru power user hacker genius or some high powered corporate or government institution. The graphics just make it look childish.

As has been mentioned, gun silliness.

Bad guy aims shotgun at good guy. Bad guy then racks pump menacingly to show he means business. A) The shotgun you were threatening the hero with wasn't already loaded?! or B) You just ejected a perfectly good shell?! Either way, you're an idiot.

Pulling the hammer back on an automatic pistol to show you're serious about firing. The majority of autos are gonna have the hammer back if there's a round in the chamber. So...stop threatening people with your empty gun, numbnuts. See also: racking the slide on a gun you've already fired. Way to eject perfectly good, unfired ammo. Aaaarrggh.

One minute a pistol is a kill cannon. A 9mm makes whole bulidings explode! A single shot stops a train! The next minute Daryl Dixon is hiding behind a filing cabinet while 5.56 rounds BOUNCE off. Ditto car doors. Ditto drywall.

Last edited:
Bad sword fighting. The point of fighting with a sword is to hit the other guy, not incessantly hit the enemies sword and ruin yours in the meantime.

Or guys in full plate that get killed with a simple sword strike to the abdomen. Dumb.

...Shaky cam, esp. or particularly when they overdo it and it seems like they tell the cameraman to actually shake the camera to get that "handheld, documentary" look even though a documentary cameraman would be doing their best to actually try to keep the camera as steady as possible...

Yes, I've been saying this for years. There are circumstances where shaky cam is appropriate but it's been so overused it's ridiculous. Of course that's just the tip of what bothers me, all I can do is second (or third or whatever) everyone else has said.

Psychotic killer/bad guy is chasing some chick (and sometimes even guys), and without fail, every one of the people running for there lives trips and falls over something. Whether it's a tree branch or a flippin' gum wrapper, people escaping a murderer can NOT pick their feet up :lol

Explosions. I'm tired of a small block of C4 creating a huge fire ball. Real high explosives don't do that.

I am also with the everyone talking about the stupid racking of already charged firearms.

Also, idiots holding pistols sideways. I loved how they made fun of that in Kickass 2.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

Psychotic killer/bad guy is chasing some chick (and sometimes even guys), and without fail, every one of the people running for there lives trips and falls over something. Whether it's a tree branch or a flippin' gum wrapper, people escaping a murderer can NOT pick their feet up :lol

And instead of getting up to run they roll over and look back.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back