Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Guess I should've been more specific in that, harking back to the super spy gets caught, and doesn't get the luxury of movie magic leaving him with ways to escape because of the incompetence of the bad guys lol.

...and their partner is like "you have to stay here while I check it out" only to have them get out of the car and follow anyway
I'll take this a step further and say any time a character is told to stay in the car, no more than five minutes later that would be the last place you'd find them. It doesn't matter if you handcuff them to the steering wheel, lock them in the trunk, or shoot them in the head and the heart and verify they're dead afterward, they'll still show up where they shouldn't be just in time to screw everything up.

I'll take this a step further and say any time a character is told to stay in the car, no more than five minutes later that would be the last place you'd find them. It doesn't matter if you handcuff them to the steering wheel, lock them in the trunk, or shoot them in the head and the heart and verify they're dead afterward, they'll still show up where they shouldn't be just in time to screw everything up.
Or just in time to save the hero's life.

Supernatural does this, but to their credit, on occasion the person who didn't obey orders totally screws things up.

Bad guy steals the macguffin (a vial, or artifact) and stuffs it into a transport case of some sort that's custom built to accept an item of those exact dimensions or a Zero Halliburton case with perfect foam cutouts that fit the item perfectly. How do they know in advance the exact dimensions of the item?

Last edited:
Guy armed with a minigun. I don't mind the ridiculous weapon. It's just the fact that, with all the destruction, they never seem to kill a single person - even after 20,000 rounds. They only manage to destroy property. Just once I'd like to see someone weilding a minigun actually manage to kill someone.

Guy armed with a minigun. I don't mind the ridiculous weapon. It's just the fact that, with all the destruction, they never seem to kill a single person - even after 20,000 rounds. They only manage to destroy property. Just once I'd like to see someone weilding a minigun actually manage to kill someone.
How about the fact you never see any ammo storage for said weapon? In Predator, that was a aviation ammo box that Ventura was carrying around, which would have stored maybe 5 seconds of sustained fire. In "Hardcore Harry," there simply wasn't any ammo chute at all that I could see.
Also, miniguns are crazy heavy (I know as I had to quickly yank one off it's mount on a SOCOM Chinook once, a long story there) but people run around with them like they're as light as an M-16...

How about the fact you never see any ammo storage for said weapon? In Predator, that was a aviation ammo box that Ventura was carrying around, which would have stored maybe 5 seconds of sustained fire. In "Hardcore Harry," there simply wasn't any ammo chute at all that I could see.
Also, miniguns are crazy heavy (I know as I had to quickly yank one off it's mount on a SOCOM Chinook once, a long story there) but people run around with them like they're as light as an M-16...

A 5.56 mini-gun doesn't seem to be too bad, I've seen a YouTube video of a guy hip firing one, but he couldn't get more than a short burst off before the recoil threw him completely off target. Of course, it was just like in the movies and the guy was just standing there with it and not walking around carrying it, the ammo, and the power supply around on him. Which reminds me, in T2, where was the ammo for the one that Arnie was using? I don't seem to recall seeing anything but the gun itself, no battery and no ammo.

I thought I'd read somewhere that the minigun from T2 was the very same one from predator? I have no idea if that's right, though..
A 5.56 mini-gun doesn't seem to be too bad
Find someone who'll let you pick up one on its mount with power supply, feed trays and the like (just for laughs, make sure the feed belts are loaded with dummy or blank rounds).
Sucker ain't light. I know that from personal experience, when I was filled with adrenalin and in much better shape than I am today. Darn thing weighed quite a bit.

I thought I'd read somewhere that the minigun from T2 was the very same one from predator? I have no idea if that's right, though..
Find someone who'll let you pick up one on its mount with power supply, feed trays and the like (just for laughs, make sure the feed belts are loaded with dummy or blank rounds).
Sucker ain't light. I know that from personal experience, when I was filled with adrenalin and in much better shape than I am today. Darn thing weighed quite a bit.

I'm not saying that it is, but maybe the one you had was a 7.62 version. Either way, in the video I saw the guy was handling it without too much problem and he's not that big of a guy, not scrawny mind you but no Jesse Ventura or Arnie either. And, as I also said, he was only standing there with it and not walking around and firing it, just in place like you see in the movies. It's also worth noting that this was specifically a hand held model so it's probably not as robust or heavy as a military grade aircraft mounted model.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about scenes at a prom where everyone can dance? I think people forget how stiff-kneed teens at a prom really can be, or for that matter how few even dance at all as so many are indulging their teen drama for the entire event...
I love what the guy says around 0:32 in this clip:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying that it is, but maybe the one you had was a 7.62 version. Either way, in the video I saw the guy was handling it without too much problem and he's not that big of a guy, not scrawny mind you but no Jesse Ventura or Arnie either. And, as I also said, he was only standing there with it and not walking around and firing it, just in place like you see in the movies. It's also worth noting that this was specifically a hand held model so it's probably not as robust or heavy as a military grade aircraft mounted model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5FgePpGFWA
There's got to be a better way to carry that thing. If you're going to go through the trouble of making one of these you might as well figure out a less awkward way to carry it. Maybe a steadicam harness? That would be cool.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back