Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Season 2 of the walking dead.

Only Hyundai exists after the zombie apocalypse

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
So much stuff in Walking Dead. I stopped watching while Beth was a prisoner in the hospital, but I assume these are still going on. The first is gas. I'm pretty sure the gas in those cars should have gone bad by now. And I don't know about Georgia, but here in central Florida you are lucky to get a brand new car battery to last three years.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

OR... the Logo has been slightly covered by something to avoid paying the advertisement cost
Or even overtly. I recall seeing a slab of duct tape on a computer logo at least once before.

I like how Zootopia was able to avoid that issue entirely with her iPhone clone which replaced the apple logo with a carrot logo.

I like how Zootopia was able to avoid that issue entirely with her iPhone clone which replaced the apple logo with a carrot logo.

There was a kid's show called "iCarly" that my niece and nephew used to make me watch that used all Apple products, but the apple logo was replaced with a pear. I thought that was pretty funny.

Season 2 of the walking dead.

Only Hyundai exists after the zombie apocalypse

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
It's interesting that, in the Avengers and Thor, SHIELD, a US Government agency, drove around in Acuras.
In Captain America: Winter Soldier every car was a Chevy - not the least of which was Natasha's sweet Corvette.
Avengers Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War and all the Iron Man films featured Audi.

I have to issue an apology. I think I, or someone else, commented on how in movies when they show a view through binoculars they always show a black ring around the screen. I was just watching the OSIRIS-REX launch (woo, living in Central Florida!) and after it was not visible to the naked eye I used my binoculars. And saw a black ring.

Speaking of optics, how about a sniper scope where the bullets being fired through the very same weapon land nowhere near the center of the crosshairs?

Speaking of optics, how about a sniper scope where the bullets being fired through the very same weapon land nowhere near the center of the crosshairs?

That's actually not unrealistic, the center of the scope is just where the bullet will impact at the range the scope has been zeroed at, if you're shooting closer or further than that then your bullet is not going to land in the center of the scope, so to speak. A good instance of this was the Canadian sniper in Afghanistan who made the longest sniper shot to date, he says that because of how far the target was he couldn't actually see them in his scope at all, he counted the mils on his scope and ran out of markings on his scope and so he had to raise the scope and just imagined the remaining mils dots he needed. So, in this case his target was not only nowhere near the center of his scope, they weren't even visible in his scope at all.

That's actually not unrealistic, the center of the scope is just where the bullet will impact at the range the scope has been zeroed at, if you're shooting closer or further than that then your bullet is not going to land in the center of the scope, so to speak. A good instance of this was the Canadian sniper in Afghanistan who made the longest sniper shot to date, he says that because of how far the target was he couldn't actually see them in his scope at all, he counted the mils on his scope and ran out of markings on his scope and so he had to raise the scope and just imagined the remaining mils dots he needed. So, in this case his target was not only nowhere near the center of his scope, they weren't even visible in his scope at all.
We're not talking about shooting beyond your sights or giving 'Kentucky windage', I mean movies where the person should be perfectly zeroed in the scope, yet the bullet hits almost outside of view.

We're not talking about shooting beyond your sights or giving 'Kentucky windage', I mean movies where the person should be perfectly zeroed in the scope, yet the bullet hits almost outside of view.
One word: drama.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

That's the thing though, how do we know at what distance the scope was zeroed at and how far the target is from the shooter? What if the scope was zeroed at 100 yards and the target is 150? In that scenario with a target that's centered in the crosshairs the actual point of impact is going to be lower than the point of aim.

Well if we're to assume we're talking a sniper scene, they would certainly have clicked their scope to account for it, in which case it would still be back to center of the crosshairs.

Well if we're to assume we're talking a sniper scene, they would certainly have clicked their scope to account for it, in which case it would still be back to center of the crosshairs.

Not necessarily, there is a reason for why all good scopes, like those used by snipers, have all sorts of markings in the reticle and not just a simple pair of crosshairs, it's to give the shooter aiming points for distances below and beyond their zero as well to allow them compensate for windage. Depending on the exact situation a shooter may not have the time adjust their dope for the range they're shooting at and will simply adjust their point of aim to compensate for the difference.

True enough, however in the grand scheme of movies, they normally would highlight the standard crosshair sighting, and then make it a show for them to adjust for it manually, instead of adjusting. But, always variables, so who know? maybe there was a gust of wind midway? I dunno, I'm just playing that side lol.

I know it's been said before, but because I keep seeing them... I STILL wish there was one where the bad guy captures a good guy, and just.. shoots him. Done. No speech, no rambling on, no escapable situations and inept guards. Just once, I want to see a hero movie where you spend the whole time leading up, and the hero gets it. I mean sure, blow up the bad guy afterwards, but come on, just pull the trigger already.

Thought of another one. How about all the times someone wants revenge, and their partner is like "you have to stay here while I check it out" only to have them get out of the car and follow anyway and most of the time causes a bigger mess anyway. Followed closely by "ok, the cops are on the way..... but I'll go look on my own anyway" I know it makes for a lot more entertainment, but logic is certainly lacking lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back