Things you're tired of seeing in movies

A cop or our hero in action flicks can call in the military and airstrikes to help fight the bad guys to which they show up shortly and begin shooting up the town. No questions asked. No debate. No second guessing.

A person is dissolving or hit with a death ray, the head always goes last so you can see their facial expression. And without anything attached to the head, they don't change expressions at all or even seem to be aware that their internal organs (especially heart and lungs) are no longer there. Often, they're even still standing up through the muscles are gone!

Nor an act of congress!
Yeah, just once I want to see someone call in a domestic airstrike and have the FAC call back denying because they can't get clearance from higher and won't kill their career on the hunch of someone they don't know who's not in their chain of command (like calling in the railgun fire from a destroyer in one of the Transformers movies).

How about the stuff at the end of the credits? I'm married to a woman who must be up and moving the very millisecond the credits start. I've never seen the end of the credits in any movie I've seen with her, even in such cases where she knows it's likely. "If it was that important, they'd put it in the actual movie," she says.
It's an overused thing, putting extra scenes at the end of the credits these days.

A person is dissolving or hit with a death ray, the head always goes last so you can see their facial expression. And without anything attached to the head, they don't change expressions at all or even seem to be aware that their internal organs (especially heart and lungs) are no longer there. Often, they're even still standing up through the muscles are gone!

A head shot or decapitation where the body stands still for a moment, falls to its knees, then falls over. Nope. Once the brain is toast, the rest of the body is a rag doll. I've seen it happen (on video).

A head shot or decapitation where the body stands still for a moment, falls to its knees, then falls over. Nope. Once the brain is toast, the rest of the body is a rag doll. I've seen it happen (on video).
I've seen a person die on more than one occasion in person. It happens like you'd think and NEVER like it does in the movies. Whne people go down, they go down like the proverbial sack of potatoes. I've seen only a few movie deaths that look realistic.
I've brought it up here before, I think, but how about the people who are sliced into multiple segments, and they slowly start sliding away while the person has no idea? I never got past this scene from the first "Resident Evil" movie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one, movies that deal with a US Navy aircraft carrier and there's no CAG present, that's just about every movie or TV show with a carrier in it. The role of the CAG is either filled by the ship's captain (like in Behind Enemy Lines), or a squadron CO like in Top Gun (at least I think the guy that chewed out Maverick on Goose on the carrier was their squadron CO). You pretty much never see a full bird Captain, besides the captain, on the ship, much less one being addressed as CAG. You'd think that Hollywood would have learned by now that the ship's Captain is only in charge of running the ship and that the planes and the personnel assigned to fly and repair them are the responsibility of the CAG.

the Weilheim Scream, its way overused, and takes me right out of the movie, picturing a stormtrooper falling into the chasm everytime i hear it, regardless of movie or scene....

I've brought it up here before, I think, but how about the people who are sliced into multiple segments, and they slowly start sliding away while the person has no idea? I never got past this scene from the first "Resident Evil" movie:

Do we even know what's right or wrong for this kind of death? Lasers still aren't common killing methods in 2016. People do sometimes get severe sudden injuries without realizing what happened for a moment or two.

Granted, movies sometimes go too long/far with the not knowing part. But do the characters not know, or are they just too stunned to react? And maybe a bunch of cauterized wounds are just blocking their body's signalling from one end to the other.

The goofiest one of these scenes I ever saw was in "Ghost Ship" from about 15 years ago. A tight steel cable got yanked across a big crowd of people on a ship and they were shown perfectly chopped in half, still standing. Umm, no. Not gonna happen quite like that. Any cable thin enough to do the cutting wouldn't be strong enough for the job. Not even close.

How about the stuff at the end of the credits? I'm married to a woman who must be up and moving the very
millisecond the credits start. I've never seen the end of the credits in any movie I've seen with her, even in such cases where she knows it's likely. "If it was that important, they'd put it in the actual movie," she says.
It's an overused thing, putting extra scenes at the end of the credits these days.

Keep the keys to the car and sit there . problem solved. Your pimp hand is weak my friend lol

- - - Updated - - -

The goofiest one of these scenes I ever saw was in "Ghost Ship" from about 15 years ago. A tight steel cable got yanked across a big crowd of people on a ship and they were shown perfectly chopped in half, still standing. Umm, no. Not gonna happen quite like that. Any cable thin enough to do the cutting wouldn't be strong enough for the job. Not even close.

Shut up that's the best part of the movie just shut uppa you mouth LOL !

Last edited:
Marvel and DC bringing there characters out in the wrong order deadpool was great but he came out after the infinity wars the story they are building too. And now they announced Booster gold which came as a direct result of crisis again the story line DC is following right now . I feel like the director in a monty python skit. Wait for it..... Wait for it ......

Strike that reverse it. Moving on ..

Last edited:
Do we even know what's right or wrong for this kind of death? Lasers still aren't common killing methods in 2016. People do sometimes get severe sudden injuries without realizing what happened for a moment or two.
If your spine is severed, I don't care if you felt it or not, you're NOT going to be still standing up, I don't care what did it.

Granted, movies sometimes go too long/far with the not knowing part. But do the characters not know, or are they just too stunned to react? And maybe a bunch of cauterized wounds are just blocking their body's signalling from one end to the other...
If your spine is severed, I don't care if you felt it or not, you're NOT going to be still standing up, I don't care what did it.
P51 is correct. Once communication from the brain to the body is interrupted, the body collapses like wilted lettuce because it no longer has the brain to tell it to remain standing.

...The goofiest one of these scenes I ever saw was in "Ghost Ship" from about 15 years ago. A tight steel cable got yanked across a big crowd of people on a ship and they were shown perfectly chopped in half, still standing. Umm, no. Not gonna happen quite like that. Any cable thin enough to do the cutting wouldn't be strong enough for the job. Not even close.
You'd be surprised.

Marvel and DC bringing there characters out in the wrong order deadpool was great but he came out after the infinity wars the story they are building too.
You do know that Deadpool isn't a Marvel Studios film, right? He doesn't exist in the MCU. As with the X-Men and Fantastic Four his movie character was sold to Fox. So don't expect any continuity between them.

Lasers that make any one of the four stock sci-fi laser sounds I'm thinking of ... or any sound for that matter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back