Things you're tired of seeing in movies

When two random characters have a strong attraction and just leap into bed, not once is the woman ever on her period and has to say, sorry not today.

When there's a ridiculous coincidence of events that conveniently happen for story pacing. e.g. World War Z when Lane goes to Jerusalem where everything is "under control" but minutes after he gets there is when the zombies, lured by the sounds of people singing, start getting over the wall. This should have happened months ago.
Yeah, how many movies have you seen where just as the good guy gets someplace, the disaster immediately happens, and the hero had nothing to do with it and just happened to show up minutes before things are to go awful? I get it if the hero contributes to it (like James Bond in plenty of films), but when they don't?
Mario.jpg
Stupid!

Just watched the latest trailer for the Magnificent Seven remake, and while I'm definitely interested in seeing the film, I am getting absolutely SICK of seeing trailers for definitively period pieces with modern music. Same goes for period movies with modern musical styles.

Takes me right out of what I'm watching.

The first time I realized I hated this was when I watched A Knight's Tale. An otherwise good movie ruined by modern rock music and the Nike Armor.

Just watched the latest trailer for the Magnificent Seven remake, and while I'm definitely interested in seeing the film, I am getting absolutely SICK of seeing trailers for definitively period pieces with modern music. Same goes for period movies with modern musical styles.

Takes me right out of what I'm watching.

The first time I realized I hated this was when I watched A Knight's Tale. An otherwise good movie ruined by modern rock music and the Nike Armor.

I literally just finished watching the trailer and thought the same thing. The rap kicked in and I almost turned it off. Hope it's not actually in the soundtrack!

The typical boyfriend/girlfriend misunderstanding/fight/split that is ALWAYS caused by the jealous "Ex" or even the "Parents" that, once again, ALWAYS results in someone in the relationship questioning THE relationship itself!

The typical boyfriend/girlfriend misunderstanding/fight/split that is ALWAYS caused by the jealous "Ex" or even the "Parents" that, once again, ALWAYS results in someone in the relationship questioning THE relationship itself!

That's pretty much my life in a nutshell, though...

What about the ones with the pyscho ex (almost always a guy. Hollywood has yet to discover that women stalk as much - or maybe more- than men do) who derails everything for the girl and our hero, but it's so obvious you have to be blind not to see it, yet nobody does, especially the parents and friends who conveniently forget what a psycho the ex was to start with.
And the hero takes her back once the truth is learned. I'd pay triple the ticket price to see a movie where the girl and her family/friends come to the hero and say, "we should have believed you," and the main character simply responds, "Yeah. You should have. Think about that every time you ponder how you ruined everything" and then walks out the door, never to return.
Seriously, who wouldn't want to see that ending, just once?

What about the ones with the pyscho ex (almost always a guy. Hollywood has yet to discover that women stalk as much - or maybe more- than men do) who derails everything for the girl and our hero, but it's so obvious you have to be blind not to see it, yet nobody does, especially the parents and friends who conveniently forget what a psycho the ex was to start with.
And the hero takes her back once the truth is learned. I'd pay triple the ticket price to see a movie where the girl and her family/friends come to the hero and say, "we should have believed you," and the main character simply responds, "Yeah. You should have. Think about that every time you ponder how you ruined everything" and then walks out the door, never to return.

BRILLIANT! The one movie that comes to mind is "Meet the Parents". I couldn't stomach that movie! Wound up turning it off about 3/4s of the way through it because I knew EXACTLY how it would end... Just as you described in your 1st paragraph. :)

I'm reminded of a terrific Spanish film called, Atame (aka Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down) where a psychotic stalker, played by a young Antonio Banderas, kidnaps a young actress, played by Victoria Abril, and tries to convince her they once had a brief encounter and that they had a real connection. Naturally she doesn't remember a thing. Over next few days he keeps her literally tied and gagged for most of the time insisting they had something special. Towards the end, as a last resort, she decides to sleep with him. The twist is that after great sex she has an, "oh yeah, now I remember you" moment and from then on they're a happy couple basically in a Ds relationship.

How about when a character needs blood for something and they whip out their knife and cut right across the palm of their hand. Why would anyone do that?!

I think I mentioned that one previously, but, yeah, it's annoying to see. Not only would nobody do that, they also act like it's no more than a ***** of their finger for all the pain and discomfort they exhibit, just wrap a bandage around the hand, if even that much, and they're good to go.

I don't recall the name of the movie, but as a kid, I saw someone do that, "grab the knife and cut my palm' deal, then a scene later he's shaking hands with the same (now bandaged) hand like nothing hurts at all. Even as a little kid, I knew better than that. Nothing hurts worse than a wound to an area of the body that flexes a lot!

I know why Hollywood does it but...

The wet road(s)/city street(s) we ALWAYS see when a car is parking yet EVERY SCENE leading up to our heroes parking the car... it's never raining!

The big bad monster/beast reveal.
It enters into frame and what's the first thing it does? It roars.
Every single movie.

The use of Hong Kong stunt teams in Hollywood means that sometimes in a TV show or movie I realize that, among the villain's henchmen, a couple of them are inexplicably Chinese.

dude takes a bottle of clear liquid, pours it on a rag, places it over someone's face in order to render them unconscious. because (a) everyone has access to 'chloroform' and (b) 19th century anesthetics make a whole lot of sense.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back