Things you're tired of seeing in movies

How every airplane in the history of cinema since 1942 that has a mechanical problem and it going down, regardless of speed, makes the sound of a "Jericho Trumpet" siren on the side of a JU-87 "Stuka" dive bomber from WW2. No Stuka has flown since 1945 so hardly anyone today even knows what that siren sounded like...
When a person gets machine-gunned he's shaking like a rag doll as rounds pepper his body and his head is bobbles around comically. He only drops after the shooting stops as if the bullets were keeping him standing.
I watched someone get riddled with bullets once. I hate to tell you that to a degree, they really do jiggle like that. I, too, didn't think it was accurate. But you are right that they drop much faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
How every airplane in the history of cinema since 1942 that has a mechanical problem and it going down, regardless of speed, makes the sound of a "Jericho Trumpet" siren on the side of a JU-87 "Stuka" dive bomber from WW2. No Stuka has flown since 1945 so hardly anyone today even knows what that siren sounded like...

Yeah, good one. Especially since not even all the Ju-87 had those sirens. It was mainly the B-series during the initial stages of the war.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was watching "Jurassic World" over the weekend. Pretty good movie but...

There is always the corporate yahoo who will ALWAYS put profit over safety - essentially making all corporations look bad. What's worse... it takes the proverbial "industrial accident" or hordes of people dying for the main protagonist to realize his/her mistakes... and we NEVER see them brought to justice over their wrong decisions.

There is always the corporate yahoo who will ALWAYS put profit over safety - essentially making all corporations look bad. What's worse... it takes the proverbial "industrial accident" or hordes of people dying for the main protagonist to realize his/her mistakes... and we NEVER see them brought to justice over their wrong decisions.

The only unrealistic thing in here is the corporate bigwig ever starting to feel guilty.

Lots of people in big corporations aren't bad. But the ones that are bad, usually stay that way.

I am sick to death of sci-fi where nobody ever brings food or water with them. Just about all sci-fi is guilty of this. Only the movie, "Dune" ever addressed the need for water, but that was of course a huge plot point in the book.
Which always seems to get cleaner and cleaner and smaller and smaller as the movie goes forward ;)
Yeah, and they show no pain afterward. Carmen hit punched through her shoulder by the bug at the end of Starship Troopers, and people are holding her from that side later on and she's not even wincing?
I got shot once (on a training exercise, the Marine who had an accidental discharge is probably still doing pushups for that), and it was only a grazing wound that didn't require more than a couple of bandages and a tetanus shot. But even then, I wouldn't let anyone within 10 feet of me as it hurt so much. Yeah, you really don't feel that stuff at first, but that quickly changes.

Well, in Fury Road, when Max finally got to the girls in the truck, the first thing he demanded was water. In The Force Awakens Finn frantically searched for water when he got to the camp.

But yeah, you're right no one usually ever carries it with them.

I'm reminded of a a-hole dungeon master I once had in D&D. Our team was traveling, and he showed us on the map how far we'd get in a day. We then say we'll walk another day, and he shows us where, and then another day....

...and then he says we all die of exposure/exhaustion/dehydration/starvation (pick one), because we didn't say we stopped to eat, drink or sleep. End of campaign.

We didn't play with him again after that.

I'm reminded of a a-hole dungeon master I once had in D&D. Our team was traveling, and he showed us on the map how far we'd get in a day. We then say we'll walk another day, and he shows us where, and then another day....

...and then he says we all die of exposure/exhaustion/dehydration/starvation (pick one), because we didn't say we stopped to eat, drink or sleep. End of campaign.

We didn't play with him again after that.

You guys didn't duct tape him to a door and beat him with Swimming Pool Noodles? Lucky Him!

Well, in Fury Road, when Max finally got to the girls in the truck, the first thing he demanded was water. In The Force Awakens Finn frantically searched for water when he got to the camp.
But for the most part, those are plot points. Nobody ever even has anyone carrying a canteen or even trying to eat something in the background.

Yeah, you're right. I guess it's kind of like the bathroom thing. Why does no one in the movies ever have to take a dump when they wake up?
How about couples holding onto each other in the morning and then they kiss each other like they'd just brushed their teeth?
I love my wife and am very attracted to her, but there's no way I'm gonna kiss that morning mouth until she's brushed those teeth or at the very least, some mouthwash. Same for her, for the same reason.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back