Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Upstate, NY
    2 Days Ago  Aug 15, 2017, 12:34 PM - Re: Things you're tired of seeing in movies #3401

matty matt said: View Post
    Superhero landing, lol.

Attachment 752062
    That's funny right there lol
    From
    South Sty
    2 Days Ago  Aug 15, 2017, 1:04 PM - Re: Things you're tired of seeing in movies #3402

I think what bugs me most about recent movies/TV shows (last 10 years or so ) is killing off major characters. It seems that studios have these grand ideas that "permanently removing" a character adds depth/reality/meaning to the film. It works in *some* cases (Rogue One, Han's death), but for the most part all it does is make you come away from a film or TV show feeling cheated.

The only show(s) that would benefit from killing characters off are reality shows. (Start with KUWTK, please!).
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2014
    From
    England U.K.
    2 Days Ago  Aug 15, 2017, 1:26 PM - Re: Things you're tired of seeing in movies #3403

Zombie_61 said: View Post
    Fair enough. I guess I'm easy. I don't care about their nationality or race; as long as I think they're attractive, naked is good enough.
    Naked is always a good start Dont get me wrong i love Cali boho surfer girls, some Russian/Eastern European too.. and Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, i like a lil of most tbh hahaaaaaaa! Just that slightly stoned French look is my favourite. Some French accents are horrible though, but some make me go into Rutting season
    1 Day Ago  Aug 16, 2017, 7:29 AM - Re: Things you're tired of seeing in movies #3404

SofaKing01 said: View Post
    Another flashlight annoyance and this may have been mentioned already... Someone shines a flashlight on a wall or object and there nothing more than a spot on that particular object. No ambient light is ever seen...
    Oh yeah, like a super focused spot light. And conversely, a character will light a match or a single candle, and the whole room lights up like the fourth of July.
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Rocky Point, NY
    1 Day Ago  Aug 16, 2017, 7:36 AM - Re: Things you're tired of seeing in movies #3405

WarPig said: View Post
    I think what bugs me most about recent movies/TV shows (last 10 years or so ) is killing off major characters. It seems that studios have these grand ideas that "permanently removing" a character adds depth/reality/meaning to the film. It works in *some* cases (Rogue One, Han's death), but for the most part all it does is make you come away from a film or TV show feeling cheated.

The only show(s) that would benefit from killing characters off are reality shows. (Start with KUWTK, please!).
    I hated when they killed Carter in Person of Interest but it did make for some very dramatic viewing.

Sometimes they kill off a character because the actor wants to leave the show and don't want the actor coming back. This isn't something new as Mash killed off Henry Blake back in 1975 or so when McClain, not sure on the spelling, Stevenson wanted to leave the show.
    From
    Huntsville, AL
    1 Day Ago  Aug 16, 2017, 9:01 AM - Re: Things you're tired of seeing in movies #3406

matty matt said: View Post
    Oh yeah, like a super focused spot light. And conversely, a character will light a match or a single candle, and the whole room lights up like the fourth of July.
    Old movies were notorious for doing that exact thing. I always enjoy watching a character light a single match or single candle and you see a spotlight (off camera) flicker to life and the cast shadows are as if that single match = 1,000,000 candle power! Annoying but great stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

WarPig said: View Post

Game of Thrones did it VERY well. It was shocking and in some cases totally unexpected.