Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Secret vampire organizations that run the government and society. I enjoy the Blade films for the action, but would prefer if he would hunt down an individual or small band of blood suckers, not a mob as big as a political party. But so much is wrong with the vampire genre now. It's pretty much been ruined by Twilight and all the spinoffs.

How about the CIA being a evil empire the likes of which Darth Vader would envy? I've worked with the CIA, they're just a government agency, and all that implies (yes, obvious Iron Giant reference there). Sure, they've done some underhanded stuff from time to time, but many government agencies have.
Just watched, "2 guns" last night. Seriously, I expected the Bill Paxton as the CIA guy to start choking people with the freaking Force! That and the Bourne movies...
Yeah, the way that no one carries their money in a wallet, nor ever needs change always gets to me.
That's why I loved the start of "reservior dogs" so much!

I never knew what the Wilhelm Scream was until this thread. I was watching a movie the other day when I "heard" it for the first time.

... you guys have ruined movies for me. Thanks.

The money thing is because showing all that stuff bogs the film down. NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED DURING THE THRILLING CHANGE-MAKING SCENE!

But yeah, a better solution would be to block/cut the scene so that the paying is implied offscreen and not shown at all.

Hyper slow motion CG effects that are way over the top and up close super quick cut action absolutely drives me nuts. Super shaky out of focus stuff is annoying as hell.

Oh and remakes. I'm sick to death of remakes.

Last edited:
Well, with all those critiques about movies and stuff we don't like in it...I'm asking the question: which movie is a "good" movie dealing with "real life situations" that could be recommended and doesn't contain any of those pesky situations that we have discussed already?

How about people acting over the top, people shooting at one another, or a car chase and the extras are walking on by like that happens every day?
In real life, even someone speaking loudly will turn a lot of heads. I know it's a matter of bad direction to the extras, but it always makes me laugh to see a shootout in a movie or car chase and people don't even turn around to look, let alone run for their lives...

Vehicles and technology that always work perfectly. You never see a hero with a gun, car, computer that stops working or is in the shop.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back