Testers needed for new Pep file (general Grevous head n neck)

diaxus

hello, thanks for giving me your time to read this.

Im Diaxus and have been modelling 3D since 1997 for various 3d rendering programs, recently I have found the craft of pepakura and have started converting some of my stuff to pep files.

normally I test everything I make first with printer paper to iron out any problems it may have before I want to release them, so far I have quite a few ready to post up once I have the ok with other Pep file Crafters.

But im currently testing an SWTOR Imperial troopers chest, arms and bucket so haven't had time to test this file out yet.
So if you wouldn't mind trying to make the head mask and the neck thingy for me and give me your Honest views on the design, you all could help me out with a bit of time saving on my part.

This file and ALL my files will be free to down load when I release them later this year.

If I get interest from our community then ill upload the file as theres no point doing that if theres no one intrested afterall and ill work on it myself at a later date.

Thank you for your time.

Diaxus

grievious.jpg

seems I have a few that are willing to help me , so thank you all who have replied.

please don't share or upload these files anywhere else as ive put quite a lot of time into them 8)
please also tell here in this thread of any problems you have come across with it and ill address them before I upload it properly.
If anyone else wants to test them or download it, please reply here so I can see how popular it could be.

Thank you all, and happy pepping

Diaxus

link to file here http://diaxus.webs.com/grievousfin.pdo

Heh, not at all! Indy was drawing my attention to this. I'll have a crack at it, but school is just about to restart here in New Zealand and it might take me a while to get it done.

Regards and thanks for posting.

Phil

oops, have I done something wrong with this post Indy?

Just had a quick look at it and I won't have time to build it for a while, but I'd like to make some very minor suggestions.

The build looks excellent and your unfold seems logical and well structured for good building with minimal problems in holding parts together while the glue sets or catches hold.

For my style of building I would alter the flap widths to 3mm instead of 5, simply as a matter of personal preference and because I find that it is easier to Rondo over the smaller indentations.

Can I suggest closing in the eye sockets, perhaps by extruding and merging the vertices into the centre of each eye? I feel that this will help the building by making the head more rigid and less likely to distort when applying resin. Plus I have found that I can rondo and fibreglass over the closed eye and dremel out the closed part. This gets around the problem of glassing neatly up to an edge.

My only other suggestion is to show all of the folding lines, not to hide the almost flat ones. Again, this is just a personal preference.

This file is crying out to be built as a very, very impressive display piece, and I thank you very sincerely for making it available. I am looking forward to any other files you have on offer.

Best regards, Phil.

thanks blaxmyth for your comments, in fact I did wonder about the eyes in the first place, the flaps can be easily changed, and if wondering about the size of the face numbers, I personaly use size 8 cos im a bit short sighted 9).

has anyone tried the file yet and started making it? ild like to see some photos of how theve gone if poss,
thanks

Diaxus

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back