Judge Dredd Lawgiver (Stallone version).

The main body has had a coat of filler primer. Again, this has shown up all the areas that need attention before the final paint job.

lawgiver32.jpg

I’ve made a recess for the battery compartment. With a piece of Velcro holding it, this will definitely not move around.

Two threaded rods were screwed into the body. These are just there to help with painting. They can be gripped with a pair of mole-grips, which can be used as a handle.

lawgiver33.jpg

Brass rods were fixed into the body to hold the trigger in place.
All the metal bits, screws and acrylic pieces will be fixed in place after everything is painted.

lawgiver34.jpg

I’ve scribed some lines were the transition between the black and aluminium paint will be.

lawgiver35.jpg

The parallelograms are looking much better. There is very little light coming through the resin with only one coat of primer. By the time there is a second coat and a top coat, this will be fine.

lawgiver36.jpg

lawgiver37.jpg

I saw a pair of Praktica binoculars on Ebay. The eye pieces looked the same as the Vivitar. They were only £6.50 so I got them. They are a little bit smaller, but I think they will be ok for any future lawgiver builds.

lawgiver38.jpg

I’ve finished the lawgiver and am now working on the display case.
I got a Dredd badge on EBay. It needed a bit of cleaning up and a few pin holes sorting out.

lawgiver39.jpg

I managed to get an acrylic display case that fits the gun perfectly.

The lawgiver will be fixed to the base with long screws which go into the handle through the butt-plate.

The badge, wedge and base will be painted gold with a gloss lacquer finish.

lawgiver40.jpg

I’ve simplified the wiring on the gun. It just has two circuits, one for all the coloured LED’s and one for the white LED’s behind the lens.

lawgiver41.jpg

lawgiver42.jpg

lawgiver43.jpg

lawgiver44.jpg

That turned out INCREDIBLE. BRAVO.

About how many hours do you think you put into the Lawgiver, from start to finish?

Hi jrok,
All the paint used was from spray cans, I didn’t use an airbrush.
The silver is Halfords Aluminium, with a gloss lacquer finish. The black is Simoniz Tough Black satin.
I didn’t use anything on top of the Simoniz paint, as it’s a tough, chip resistant paint with a very nice finish.
I don’t know how many hours I spent on this, but it was worth the extra effort with the metal bits and LED’s, I’m very pleased at how it turned out.

I’ve mounted the lawgiver on the base of the display case. I’ve stuck a thin sheet of brass on the base rather than paint it. The wedge is painted Rover Cashmere Gold with a gloss lacquer, which I think is a close match to the brass.

lawgiver45.jpg

lawgiver46.jpg

I originally had the badge mounted at about a 20 degree angle, but it was shadowed by the gun.
It’s now almost flat, just sloping downwards slightly.
I’ve just got to clean this up and paint it with the Rover Gold and the project is finished.

lawgiver47.jpg

lawgiver48.jpg

A great build, well done. And thanks for documenting your progress for us all.

Also, your display stand is a thing of minimalist beauty!

hey man what did you use for the base of the display case? is the base spray painted

edit nevermind i see it "sheet of brass"

next question where did you get the sheet of brass?
and how did you do the little red window cut outs? is it acrylic?

Last edited:
Also very interested. It would be cool to hollow-out one of these castings to fit around a plug-fire Beratta 92!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested in a finished version of this (for those of us who aren't equipped to produce something this awesome on our own).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back