"Arrow" Season One Build

Tvayumat, like the other posters here, I'm insanely jealous of the awesome work you've put into your costume! I did have a question though: what direction did you decide to go with on your boots? I've read through this thread and the Definitive thread and I'm still a bit up in the air what type of piece to go with.

Re: "Arrow" Season One Build *Pic heavy* *Updated 1/14/14*

Hi. I was wondering. What type of fabric did you use for the quiver? Where did you get it? Online? Did you use contact cement to attach? Thanks!

Re: "Arrow" Season One Build *Pic heavy* *Updated 1/14/14*

Tvayumat, like the other posters here, I'm insanely jealous of the awesome work you've put into your costume! I did have a question though: what direction did you decide to go with on your boots? I've read through this thread and the Definitive thread and I'm still a bit up in the air what type of piece to go with.

First of all; THANK YOU for the compliment!

As for my boots, I already had a pair of decent "Magnum" brand tactical boots with interior side-zips. They really don't look the business but I've gotten away with wearing them anyhow.

I have a pair of black/anthracite Freerun 2s and every intention of having boot toppers stitched to them for a screen-accurate look, but so far I have yet to pull the trigger on that.

I can tell you that most people won't notice if you go visually similar.

Hi. I was wondering. What type of fabric did you use for the quiver? Where did you get it? Online? Did you use contact cement to attach? Thanks!

I actually got the fabric from an old military style duffel. It's a waterproofed canvas that I stuck down with a combination of 3M Super 77 adhesive spray and contact cement for the edges/corners.

The bag I picked up at a local military surplus store.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointer on the boots. With a limited amount of disposable income to devote to this project, I'm looking to go for the best screen accurate look that won't break the piggy bank. :)

Re: "Arrow" Season One Build *Pic heavy*

I believe for the hero bows, like the one shown at SDCC, the chock is slightly above the limb, but for the stunt (firing) bows I think it does rest on the limb, I say stunt as there is also no sinew around the brass hinge parts, its a stripped down prop, I suspect purely for firing.
Is anyone else hoping that they do a back story of how he got his season one bow? We know how he got his island bow and his new one, but nothing about the one in between.:behave

Re: "Arrow" Season One Build *Pic heavy*

Is anyone else hoping that they do a back story of how he got his season one bow? We know how he got his island bow and his new one, but nothing about the one in between.:behave

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned during the SDCC 2014 panel that we will see Oliver build the bow.

Awesome guide! It's helped me out a lot making my bow. I was just wondering how you got the plastic knobs off the bolts that attach the limbs to the riser.

Thanks to this build, I finished my bow and it looks fantastic if I do say so myself. Now I'm working on the back quiver. Anyone know the length of the back quiver?

Tvayumat what kind of fabric did you use to make your hood? Were you able to find green canvas or did you find some and have to dye it? And do you happen to have a pattern?

Finally finished my bow. Had some issues putting it together because of the acorn nutz. If you are using the Ragim Matrix jr. bow the limbs are held onto the riser's using ***METRIC*** bolts. So you must find an acorn nut in metric size. Which, according to Lowe's, would have to be specially ordered but they do sell it so prepare for the time for it to ship out to you. Obviously, today is my last day as my Halloween party is tonight. So what I did was grab a pack of 4 metric 8mm hex nutz, put those on as tight as I could get it to secure the string and the pressure of the string. To ensure it still draws and would not snap apart. Then I attached the acorn nutz on top of that for the looks. Check out the pic. Also, one side of the bow I copied Oliver's symbols but I could not get a good pic of the other side that was original to his symbols so I just took the symbols from the front side and free handed the same symbols, in my own random order. I also snuck in my initials, a couple of little lightning bolts in honor of the Flash and then using his symbols I secretly spelled out "GEMMA" in honor of my favorite character from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. I know DC/Marvel universe cross-over here but I love Fitz-Simmons. Anyways, check out the pic. *After a month of sanding the damn riser alone and almost lighting my house on fire, it's finally done! I also ordered the costume itself, which I'll post up a pic so you guys can see, probably in the Definitive CW Arrow Thread, which I ordered from TheJacketMaker. And even tho it cost $450, you also are getting it custom fit to your measurements, the jacket w/detachable hood, pants and the quiver. Great quality, flexibility (built in spandex around the knee) and looks absolutely amazing!
Bow.jpg

Finally finished my bow. Had some issues putting it together because of the acorn nutz. If you are using the Ragim Matrix jr. bow the limbs are held onto the riser's using ***METRIC*** bolts. So you must find an acorn nut in metric size. Which, according to Lowe's, would have to be specially ordered but they do sell it so prepare for the time for it to ship out to you. Obviously, today is my last day as my Halloween party is tonight. So what I did was grab a pack of 4 metric 8mm hex nutz, put those on as tight as I could get it to secure the string and the pressure of the string. To ensure it still draws and would not snap apart. Then I attached the acorn nutz on top of that for the looks. Check out the pic. Also, one side of the bow I copied Oliver's symbols but I could not get a good pic of the other side that was original to his symbols so I just took the symbols from the front side and free handed the same symbols, in my own random order. I also snuck in my initials, a couple of little lightning bolts in honor of the Flash and then using his symbols I secretly spelled out "GEMMA" in honor of my favorite character from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. I know DC/Marvel universe cross-over here but I love Fitz-Simmons. Anyways, check out the pic. *After a month of sanding the damn riser alone and almost lighting my house on fire, it's finally done! I also ordered the costume itself, which I'll post up a pic so you guys can see, probably in the Definitive CW Arrow Thread, which I ordered from TheJacketMaker. And even tho it cost $450, you also are getting it custom fit to your measurements, the jacket w/detachable hood, pants and the quiver. Great quality, flexibility (built in spandex around the knee) and looks absolutely amazing!
View attachment 678177

What did you use to sand the riser, and you said it took you about a month?jeez imma have a rough time.also did you paint the limbs to take off the logo?plz respond

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back