AMT diecast episode 3 jedi fighter

wolverine solo

1136068382_amt%20jedi%20018.jpg
got these 2 today and they are cool. already painted which I wanted to do myself. nice weight for diecast kits to. wings open and close also. hoping to get the revell versions of these which have to be painted, enjoy, Chuck.

Originally posted by wolverine solo@Dec 31 2005, 06:36 PM
1136068382_amt%20jedi%20018.jpg
got these 2 today and they are cool. already painted which I wanted to do myself. nice weight for diecast kits to. wings open and close also. hoping to get the revell versions of these which have to be painted, enjoy, Chuck.
[snapback]1147736[/snapback]​

In terms of accuracy, sharpness of detail, etc, how do these compare to the plastic model? I love this ship, and was thinking of getting the die cast to play with, but only if it's pretty spiffy. It looks nice in the pictures. What's your take?

hoping to get the revell versions of these which have to be painted

Actually the Revell version of these models are snap-together pre-painted models, so even those don't have to be painted, which really takes the fun out of it. Just thought I'd give you a heads up before you go spending the cash. :)

Nice pieces, btw. They are pretty cool ships, and they look awesome in a set together.

Sean

I got a AMT at walmart that was plastic and had to be painted yesterday, its smaller than the diecast AMT's shown. goes together the same as the diecast though. canopy's open and the wings can be open or closed. I like the diecast better than the plastic ones.

I got a AMT at walmart that was plastic and had to be painted yesterday, its smaller than the diecast AMT's shown. goes together the same as the diecast though. canopy's open and the wings can be open or closed. I like the diecast better than the plastic ones.

I just won a skywalker one from ebay. It came to 15.99 with shipping, which seems like a good price? Actually, don't tell me if it isn't...anyway, I'm stoked. I was thinking about getting an MR mini saber and giving it a blue acrylic rod to make a custom stand.

thats about dead on for prices so far, specially on e-bay. that idea for a stand is cool please show it when you get it done and post it here ok?

I definitely will post it, if I ever get it done. I'm a great one for ideas. Not such a great one for finishing anything--the fact that I actually bought the ship constitutes a major event for me. I wish AMT would issue more of their model kits in die cast form--I'd kill for an inexpensive die cast Slave I (Code 3 being too rich for my blood). If I like the jedi ship, I may pick up the N-1 diecast just for kicks.

For fifteen bucks, this thing is cool (got mine yesterday). The R2D2 has a hideous seam, which I might have to re-work, and my pilot's seat is actually canted noticeably, but overall I'm impressed. Can't wait to work on my pilot sculpt.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back