Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . Suit Display Done !!

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit .

I'm not a huge Superman fan. I liked the Man of Steel film, thought it was great. But even though I have zero interest in a Man of Steel suit, I can't ignore the pure talent in this build. Leslee is an incredible person and so ridiculously talented. I'm subscribed to this thread because I want to witness Leslee's skill in making other people's dreams to become their favourite superhero come true!

Keep it up, Leslee! You and your team and people you pork with on here are all doing great things for people and watching the process and progress is something great, tell ya'!

J

Is this going to be available to others? All I need is the material for the boots and body suit.

Keep up the great work and all the leg work of discovery so we all don't have to re-invent this wheel. I'm building Zod's Kryptonian armor in another thread and I'll need this suit but all black so I hope you post/sell plans or even runs.

I'm not a huge Superman fan. I liked the Man of Steel film, thought it was great. But even though I have zero interest in a Man of Steel suit, I can't ignore the pure talent in this build. Leslee is an incredible person and so ridiculously talented. I'm subscribed to this thread because I want to witness Leslee's skill in making other people's dreams to become their favourite superhero come true!

Keep it up, Leslee! You and your team and people you pork with on here are all doing great things for people and watching the process and progress is something great, tell ya'!

J

Thanks bro. Thanks for all your kind words... this is my dream and I'm really lucky to doing works that I love to do... hope all can chase your dreams with me... u too bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow....looks Gud bro....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this going to be available to others? All I need is the material for the boots and body suit.

Not sure yet bro... but I really hope so.... need to see how's the material turn into... hehehe...

Keep up the great work and all the leg work of discovery so we all don't have to re-invent this wheel. I'm building Zod's Kryptonian armor in another thread and I'll need this suit but all black so I hope you post/sell plans or even runs.

Thanks bro... all credit goes to Lunaman and few members on this board that willing to share all info. Nice to see u working on the armor. It really depends on the material and all.. It's not easy to create the MOS suit, need more research and work step by step..... I've also talked to my friend and ask if they can make this kind of fabric for me... and their feedback is can do.... minimum order of 1000 metres of this fabric. :wacko

Well I found the black matte glissnette, I just need it silicone printed. My sister or maybe an etsy seamstress could sew it together for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Finally , my friend rang me today and told me that already finished the fabric dye ... he also told me that the blue looks good ... now i finally felt relief..

After seeing more pics of the closed up texture , we decided to change the texture shape to more accurate look , my buddy help me to re create the texture file , and i will send it to my friend to also re make the new stencil for silicone printing .

The new texture shape that my buddy re make , its more accurate shape and texture more closer to each other .

IMG-20131228-WA0010.jpgIMG-20131228-WA0020.jpg

9356955686_579ff0840c_o.jpg

Ok, is my turn to have little progress for contributing this project build... virtually..ha :p

Thanks to my buddy sharing a lot reference picture he grabbed from web, it really help me in modeling the body part a lot easier than I think:)

So here is the progress I have so far, by using the image impose to the 3D model for getting the best accuracy in overall ratio of the body parts.
MOSSuitmodel-00_zps22992b26.jpg

I think shape looks great in general, and the 3D parts would be flow along the basic body shape as well, it's going to help the casting better in warping around body with soft material, I mean it's made for tie fitting
MOSSuitmodel-01_zps3b28f3e3.jpg

and the back of the body part, sorry for the butt view...:D
MOSSuitmodel-02_zpsf289a4b3.jpg

So with a good base to start up the detailing here and there, we should be able to make it looks nicer than this when is ready up for 3d print.
:):thumbsup

Great work as always bro... now u gonna fire up this thread.. :thumbsup

Your both doing fantastic work. I think the armor pieces in back are to wide thoughMOS Back photo.jpeg just my opinion. If you guys need a linc to the cape material I can post here for ya. Looks like my dream of owning a suit could become reality in the coming months or year.

If you guys need a linc to the cape material I can post here for ya. Looks like my dream of owning a suit could become reality in the coming months or year.
please do post that link. very curious to see what you've found.

Great work as always bro... now u gonna fire up this thread.. :thumbsup
Ha... thanks bro, just think that to get ready when all thing come in at the same time and we can have parts to assemble complete suit.

Your both doing fantastic work. I think the armor pieces in back are to wide thoughView attachment 291541 just my opinion. If you guys need a linc to the cape material I can post here for ya. Looks like my dream of owning a suit could become reality in the coming months or year.

Thanks, the model front is pretty much good in ratio and position are right. I still need to tweak the back to match better to the imposed image.
Once it match well, I will do a checking in all angle to see if looks right.

Another thing for this build is Leslee will have a muscle sculpted mannequin at his side, so when all part printed out will need to tweak the part at his end for tie fit matching to his model. What I'm doing is giving him a standard version "human body parts" that won't runaway too much and let my buddy easier to work for the rest:)

Btw, please share if there is a source of cape material. Many thanks:)

Here is the linc to the cape. Some of you might be pretty familiar with this but it is the same material as used in the movie only they manufactured it more then 60" wide, more like 120" on their part. Anyways I own the material as we speak and it turns out I will need 4 more yards to do it right. It truly is wonderful material and I can not help but stare at it all day.
1925249_751114344901345_1990132262_n.jpg

linc
Faux Suede Micro Fiber Suedette Leather Like Cloth Upholstery Designer 56 Colors | eBay

@skylu3Design Not that it really matters but the shield is a little low in that model.

Yes. Thanks for pointing out that:)
As the shield is a separated body part that need final assembly on silicon printed fabric, position alignment would be done at Leslee side:D

Well, still have to see how is the final mannequin profile looks like to tweak accordingly.

Your both doing fantastic work. I think the armor pieces in back are to wide thoughView attachment 291541 just my opinion. If you guys need a linc to the cape material I can post here for ya. Looks like my dream of owning a suit could become reality in the coming months or year.

Thanks for the point out bro , as this is just the start , My buddy still have lots of work to go thru.....lol...:p

Great work guys. Can't wait to see this thing when it's done.

Thanks , and hope to get this done soon ...... as we still have lots of failed test on silicone texture color and not so satisfy on the chainmail shape .:(

Here is the linc to the cape. Some of you might be pretty familiar with this but it is the same material as used in the movie only they manufactured it more then 60" wide, more like 120" on their part. Anyways I own the material as we speak and it turns out I will need 4 more yards to do it right. It truly is wonderful material and I can not help but stare at it all day. https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd....x100/1925249_751114344901345_1990132262_n.jpglinc
Faux Suede Micro Fiber Suedette Leather Like Cloth Upholstery Designer 56 Colors | eBay

Thanks bro , wow ... great found , seems like we are in the same eyes as i found and already order this called Micro-suede fabric and its Tango red color . Still waiting for the material sample to arrive .

5303971492432fde0cb7e5ab0.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back