Doc Brown's 2015 cargo pants?

Future Boy

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had information on the pants Doc Brown is wearing with his 3/4 sleeve train shirt in 2015. I don't know if they were made for the film, or if they are some type of military issue or just off the rack. Any info at all would help me quite a lot. Thanks.
2191_00456_640x480.jpg

Thanks DB537, those really do help. Certainly not off the rack. Looks studio made to me. There's a lot of interesting details there, probably not terribly hard to replicate. The shoes are pretty out there too.

By the way: Anyone knowing the brand of Doc's white undershirt? He's wearing similar (not exactly the same) undershirts in movie 1 and 2.

doc-browns-2015-cargo-pants-docs_tshirt2a.jpg-272313d1389355047

doc-browns-2015-cargo-pants-docs_tshirt1a.jpg-272314d1389355067

Attachments

• docs_tshirt2a.jpg
    docs_tshirt2a.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,092
  • docs_tshirt1a.jpg
    docs_tshirt1a.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,426
Yes I am 99% certain that those pants were made for the movie. Though they look like Flight Pants. Possibly modified existing pants.

The undershirt is definitely a thermal undershirt. Most likely long sleeve.

Last edited:
... The undershirt is definitely a thermal undershirt. Most likely long sleeve.

"Thermal", that's the word I was searching for. Thanks, Brad! :) It seems I've found it: it's a US Navy undershirt.

doc-browns-2015-cargo-pants-docs_tshirt3.jpg-272424d1389380849

Attachments

• docs_tshirt3.jpg
    docs_tshirt3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,426
Actually the flight pants are interesting. Doc's has a cris-cross with the belt loops in the back, similar to the angled loop in the pair listed above. I'll have to look into it a little more. It looks like he's wearing an olive military belt too, so that's interesting that Doc would be wearing what seems to be military related pants, belt and under shirt.

Last edited:
Doc's has a cris-cross with the belt loops in the back, similar to the angled loop in the pair listed above. I'll have to look into it a little more. It looks like he's wearing an olive military belt too, so that's interesting that Doc would be wearing what seems to be military related pants, belt and under shirt.

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe the pants are from Japan, China, Russia, Germany, etc...

Everything points to flight suit pants or a modified flight suit into pants. Look at the zipper bottoms and the plastic "window pocket" on the thigh.

Last edited:
The belt is definitely a military belt. You can get one this is exactly or damn near close to the screen used one here for $8.
https://www.gijoesmilitarysurplus.c...=product_info&cPath=584_1503&products_id=4600
As for the pants, unless you get really lucky and find the exact kind which is doubtful since they were most likely custom made, you could get two pairs of some close enough pants and take it to a tailor to make the extra pockets with the second pair. Zippers aren't hard for tailors to attach too.
R4218A.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back