My REAL PARTS Obi-Wan ANH Lightsaber Build... ALMOST THERE!!! New-New Pics!!!

Romans Empire

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
***EDIT***

More pics on post #38
http://www.therpf.com/f79/my-real-p...build-new-pics-203789/index2.html#post3181003

***EDIT***

Had a chance to do some work on my real-parts Obi-Wan today. :)

Check post #8 & #30 for pics :)

***ORIGINAL***

Doorbell rang a few minutes ago, and this was at my doorstep when I opened the door!!! The LAST PIECE of the PUZZLE!!! :eek

bst1

Woohoo!!! I might be off line for a couple days putting all this together.

Along with a bunch of other junk, that some gun collectors might think is cool (whatever ;)), was this:

bst2

I believe I am going to strip down and re-weather my Mk1, gotta trim my Exactra Bubbles, and find a washer for my Motorola transistors.

Will be posting progress pics. :cheers

Thanks to teecrooz & scottjua's faulty computer for not letting him re-bid on me ;)

bst3

Last edited:
Re: It HAS ARRIVED!!! The **LAST** piece of my REAL PARTS Obi-Wan ANH!!!

Awesome !

How about making replicas of the Booster Bearing ? I know a few guys who would really like one........

Wow ... that's just great ... so are you going to put that Exactra inbetween the clamps or sand it down so it will fit underneath?

And should you decide to recreate that booster bearing for the guys ... well then I have a whole bunch of vintage cotter pins for sale :

Chaim

Last edited:
Re: My REAL PARTS Obi-Wan ANH Lightsaber BUILD... New Pics!!!

Had a chance to do some work on my real-parts Obi-Wan today. :)

I stripped the paint and rust off my No.3 frag body, and re-weathered the windvane.
Will post progress pics as I get more done. Hope you like. :)

rlprts1

First used permablue on the windvane, but it didn'tcome out dark enough (used old bottle).
rlprts2

So I then used brass black and that did that trick.
rlprts3

rlprts4

Turn out pretty good I think.
rlprts5

Then it was time to strip off the paint & rust...
rlprts6

The frag body came out looking so nice I was tempted
to leave it like this:
rlprts7

But in the end I treated the frag body with perma blue......
and it came out BEAUTIFUL!!!
rlprts8

Last edited:

Howdy Roman :) your frag body is simply awesome, as I told you in the recent past you're an artist!

Thanks guys :)

Howdy Roman :) your frag body is simply awesome, as I told you in the recent past you're an artist!

Hey Enrico! The reason I found time to do mine, was that I had all the chemicals out since I was trying to get yours the way you asked. :) And I think yours turned out pretty good, too. It's one of those in the pictures above. I'll be shipping it and the brass stopper today. :)

Um... in a word... 'Wow'!! That frag body is in awesome shape!!!!

Can't wait to see it all come together!!

Awesome !

How about making replicas of the Booster Bearing ? I know a few guys who would really like one........
That would be great! I gave a run of them a try but couldn't get any traction. I also had the misfortune of getting simplyprops involved right before he was outed as a sockpuppet of Chen's. I really would like to see a run made for those who want them, and am sorry for failing to do so.

Roman I'm very jealous of you, with all those beautiful saber parts. Congrats my friend.

That frag body looks exactly like mine. Sharp edges and almost new other than old paint and surface. Very nice!

Hi Roman, once again thank you so much and congrats for your skills.
Always a pleasure to deal with you:cheers

Thanks guys :)

Hey Enrico! The reason I found time to do mine, was that I had all the chemicals out since I was trying to get yours the way you asked. :) And I think yours turned out pretty good, too. It's one of those in the pictures above. I'll be shipping it and the brass stopper today. :)

Great you got all the parts:) Me and Scott was looking after the same booster :)

I'm looking forward to see the final results:thumbsup

Chaim, I would love to get a pair of your cotter pins:)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back