DEAD SPACE Isaac Clarke Level 3 Suit SKS Props

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Rig Mock up

WOW!!! SoOo detailed!! Just checked out your helmet build also...bada bup bup paaaa..."I'M LOVIN' IT!!" Can't wait to you see you complete it. How many hours out of the day to work on this badboy?

Thanks!
I work a "real job" which sucks! So I work on these props in my spare time. But I usually try to get in at least a hour or two a day when I come home. Trying to work fast I have to get this whole costume done by March 14

Kudos to you brotha! "real job" is want helps us fund making what we see/love come to life! woo! sadly I can do that lol but you can ;) Were all rooting for yah to see you go cross that finish line! :thumbsup Thanks for sharing this with us.

I'm lovin' this highly detailed and accurate build Captain and it's clean. Your nailing it bro keep up the phenomenal job! subbed. :popcorn

Wow man. Styrene is not the easiest to work with either. Amazing F'n job.

45540d1328078600-darlingrats-spring-tune-up-master-thread-monitoring.jpg

Looking awesome, keep it up!

Looks amazing!! What's on march 14th? Planet Comicon hopefully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks amazing!! What's on march 14th? Planet Comicon hopefully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, I will be at Planet Comicon!

I hope to have a booth this year and show off a completed Dead Space outfit.

Last edited:

Update for this evening. I cut the brace strip that was holding the shoulder blades together. That way I can counter sink the health tube so it looks like it sits into the back rig more. The health tube is made up of 3 layers of polymer tubing it will be wired with LEDs for effect. I also cut out the stasis gauge (cutting a circle in the middle of a finished styrene piece sucks!!!) but luckily it came out like I wanted.

Thank you for all of the feedback!!!

ds17_zps8149b1a8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/14/14

Ok here is my most random piece I have ever molded. I had been trying to make the 2nd set of knobs on his RIG, but was having an issue coming up with a tapered knob with the ridges around the sides. That is until I just tried to break down the overall shape and I though that looks like a Reese's peanut butter cup!! I took the foil off of the cup and built a small mold box. I was very unsure if the mold would work or if the oil in the peanut butter would mess with the silicone. It worked great and once again shows that it doesn't matter what you start with after it's molded and painted it can become anything :)

ds18_zps35e57641.jpg

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/15/14

No wonder the necromorphs were so keen on killing Issac. His suit is made of deliciousness.

Nice use of found items man!

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/14/14

Ok here is my most random piece I have ever molded. I had been trying to make the 2nd set of knobs on his RIG, but was having an issue coming up with a tapered knob with the ridges around the sides. That is until I just tried to break down the overall shape and I though that looks like a Reese's peanut butter cup!! I took the foil off of the cup and built a small mold box. I was very unsure if the mold would work or if the oil in the peanut butter would mess with the silicone. It worked great and once again shows that it doesn't matter what you start with after it's molded and painted it can become anything :)

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x63/Captainhask/ds18_zps35e57641.jpg

That's the best thing I've seen on this forum!

WOW. now I feel like my rig looks like crap. lol
looks great man!! :D

Thanks! But don't feel bad about yours. Every time you make something you are getting to build upon new skill sets and are able to sharpen your craft. A year ago I was a noob and had never made anything. But by doing lots of research on the RPF and some trial and error I get a little better every day. I still look at many of the builders on here in absoulte wonder and strive for my build to be half as good and theirs. This is the most detailed thread I have ever made and if it can help people out or they just want to follow along then that is AWESOME!!

- - - Updated - - -

No wonder the necromorphs were so keen on killing Issac. His suit is made of deliciousness.

Nice use of found items man!

Ha Ha HA Thanks!

That's the best thing I've seen on this forum!

Got the RIG details done and was able to prime it today. The Health tube is made up of 3 pieces. There is an outer clear tube covering 2 inner frosted tubes. The black segments are heavy weave elastic wrap glued into place. I will sand and paint up the LEDs for this piece soon.

ds19_zpsb8d9a794.jpg

That looks AMAZING!!
Do you by any chance have the widths of the three clear tubes?
And do you have a list of parts you used for the lower part of the health tube?
Thanks in advance :)

That looks AMAZING!!
Do you by any chance have the widths of the three clear tubes?
And do you have a list of parts you used for the lower part of the health tube?
Thanks in advance :)

The clear tube is 5/8 the 2 frosted polymer tubes are 3/8 and 1/4
You can buy them from lowe's by the foot in the plumbing department
Most of the lower part is styrene with some plumbing couplers and caps

I decided to get away from the rig for a couple of days to work on other pieces. Todays progress is the right forearm and hand armor. The armor was started by cutting and heat forming styrene from a template I sketched out. That was covered with craft foam for the detail layer. The armor was then sanded and dremeled to show battle damage then sealed with mod podge. Krylon primer and a mixture of krylon brown and copper rattle cans were used for a base coat. Then acrylics were hand washed and then detailed for the final look.

ds20_zps15406d72.jpg

Last edited:
Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/17/14

Great Job Captain on using found objects for details I knew I liked Reses for a reason lol.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back