DEAD SPACE Isaac Clarke Level 3 Suit SKS Props

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/25/14

That plasma cutter is just awesome, I for one cannot wait to see the whole thing together.

*** "Make yourself whole!" ***

Not much of an update today, I worked on a side project all weekend. I did get the chest ribs primed and coated with the first layer of copper.
Washes and highlights to come.

IMG_2029_zps2d28d212.jpg

Trying to figure out what material I am going to use for the straps and the leather undersuit.

ds25_zps08746138.jpg

I think the last one would work best. Is that elastic? if so I would go with that one :)

I think the last one would work best. Is that elastic? if so I would go with that one :)

That is my favorite and it is elastic. My only worry is getting the armor pieces not to come loose and fall off over time.

Yeah.
and you also want them to stay in place and not sag.
hmm. It would almost be better to attach them to something rigid .

I'm no expert, but could you back the armor pieces with some of the more rigid strap, allowing some overhang? you could fold back the overhand and sew it to the elastic. should be stronger than glue. Hope you understand what I'm trying to describe.

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/28/14

Your progress is looking awesome man great work :)

What kind of styrene do you use? i just started making my own plasma cutter and i dont want to use the wrong materials to make it.

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/28/14

Your progress is looking awesome man great work :)

What kind of styrene do you use? i just started making my own plasma cutter and i dont want to use the wrong materials to make it.

Thanks!

I went through a company called foamboardsource.com

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/18/14

I have had several people ask me on here and Facebook where I downloaded my template files from. Well, I don't have any files to download because I do everything "old school". I play the game, take screen shots off of my TV with a camera, and sketch everything out on newsprint paper to scale. Then when I think I'm pretty close I transfer it to whatever medium I plan on using. I still haven't learned how to do any of the pep file stuff yet. Pep files would have made it a lot easier but there is something to be said about making it from scratch. :)

Yeah, buddy. "Old school" is my preferred method as well. I use red rosin paper, though, because it come is a big ass roll! Lol.

Heck, even after I finish building my Solidworks computer I'll still be doing all the legwork of scaling and details by hand 1:1 before putting the data into a 3D model. It just feels better this way. I didn't study art/design in college for nothing! Lol.

Exceptional work, Steve. I've been enjoying the updates in my FB feed. Keep kicking ass.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 2/01/14

Shaping up really nicely man!
Have you worked out the lights yet? Are you going to make them dim-able?

Shaping up really nicely man!
Have you worked out the lights yet? Are you going to make them dim-able?

The lights will run in line off of a AAA pack. The batteries will be hidden in the top of the rig and will run the health bar and stasis gauge

Undersuit cloth mock up
The straps rivited to the top of the rig will actually go into and under the shirt that way it will look as though the rig is attached to the back rather than resting on it.

ds29_zpsaab7a0bc.jpg

I always get excited to see that there are updates in this thread Captainhask, that rig is looking top notch!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back