Chewbacca Finished 1/1 costume..Pics relinked from photbucket to imgur!

Re: Chewbacca build- Almost there..New pics added today!

1669790_218327885040210_1166667307_o_zps9e68404e.jpg

1909296_218327845040214_1147726052_o_zps44585cf4.jpg

since these were taken, I've done more to the head as in colour and hair thinning.
I'm just updating the bandolier for a better fit and darkening the grey on the body parts.

Ive done a few tweaks to the mask
including shortening the bridge gap on the nose
Adding hair to cover gap and hair colour and talcing to remove the hair shine.
TzVIHRR.jpg

jetDmx1.jpg

58tVtEb.jpg

the talc will be remove tomorrow

Last edited:

Phenomenal work! The only thing I would suggest would be to secure the bandolier to your neck with a strap or strap so it doesn't move all over the place (the original Chewie suits did this) and maybe put some foam padding on your shoulders to try and broaden your shoulders, since the mask hair always makes the shoulders seem smaller for us Wooks.

Phenomenal work! The only thing I would suggest would be to secure the bandolier to your neck with a strap or strap so it doesn't move all over the place (the original Chewie suits did this) and maybe put some foam padding on your shoulders to try and broaden your shoulders, since the mask hair always makes the shoulders seem smaller for us Wooks.
Thank you Matt, I have a dog collar with a piece of fishing wire attached to that and the bandolier to stop it from slipping off the shoulder.

I'll post up some pics in a bit.

Cheers

:thumbsup Awesome Build, Bandolier makes him look perfect.. even with out the eye make up looks great.:thumbsup

as promised the pics of the dog collar attached to the bandolier

vtxam5a.jpg

lyVXw4Y.jpg

cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Ive tweaked the look of the mask and also set it in closed mouth mode.

sB5LMOz.jpg

4JKOWVr.jpg

vgqwDvh.jpg

DmZF655.jpg

EATMFQv.jpg

Last edited:

Ive adjusted the shoulder problem.
There were some vac form shoulder bells I had, so I modified them. This was strapping with elastic similar to the stormtrooper setups and padding them inside for comfort as well as painting them black.

A06C34F2-F16C-4134-BFE7-2491BBBE8B19_zpslux2sseu.jpg

C179E97A-4444-4C80-A8B1-4FFC814C0C27_zpsven05lw5.jpg

35F99562-31BC-4A12-8A91-7370FA9A4EDA_zps1zymjxn4.jpg

I have not re listed these original pictures as I did not use this idea in the end.

Last edited:

Thanks for the support guys/gals

Yep it's taken six months work to get to this stage and being slightly obsessive and striving to have one of the best looking versions of chewbacca.
This also involves allot of thinking outside the box and not always following what others have done.

Thanks again

Off to sew poppers on to the elastic on the shoulder bells for easier fitting of the suit.

Cheers

Your chewbacca is looking good :)

Good luck with the poppers! That's how I got my most recent scars on my hands. Sewing them things onto the Sith Stalker costume for my babw lion.

Lol, yes, I've cut my hands to ribbons.
I've tried the poppers that you use a punch, but it was a bit hit or miss, excuse the pun.

What's a babw lion?

Cheers

no probs xx babw stands for build a bear workshop, and the animal I got from there that am making the costumes for is a lion :)

Sith Stalker build for him & currently making a Savage Opress one for him

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back