Star Trek USS Centaur studio scale

025 - Copy.JPG 026 - Copy.JPG 027 - Copy.JPG 028.JPG 029.JPG

Small update to my build...these were taken with flash. The grey paint and the white plastic seem to have blended enough in the flash that these pics kind of look good. I need to do some photo editing with contrasts and such so I can make the background less noticeable. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
031.JPG 032.JPG 033.JPG

I recently decided to change the nacelles on my original Centaur build. I had this set of nacelles built for another ship. On these nacelles I removed the molded detail that would be on the sides of the nacelles and replaced them with clear grills. I used the grills from the AMT/Ertl 1/1000 USS Excelsior kit:

09.jpg

This photo shows how I did the modification to the nacelles before assembling them.

034.jpg

New pic I took. I liked how the lighting lit this view of my Centaurs. Click on the picture for a larger view.

Last edited:
035.jpg

Finally started painting the original build I started back in 2005. Sorry for the quality of the photo as I took it with my phone. I need to get Copper paint for the parts and areas that are currently white or painted Gold. I thought I had some but it had dried out. I still need to get different shades of Light Blue for the "Aztec" paneling on the upper and lower Main Hull. The difference in the Blue tones is from the camera flash. I'll post some better photos taken with a better camera.

036.jpg 037.jpg 038.jpg 039.jpgStill waiting on paints to arrive that I ordered. I went ahead and painted all the greeblies gold. I know I'll have to repaint them in copper. I haven't done any of the "Aztec"panels on the hull yet as I don't have the colors I need yet. I have to get some washes as well to give the overall colors the dark, gritty look they need. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
040.jpg
My latest shot of painting: all the "greeblies" have been painted metallic Copper. I have received a few of the paints I ordered as well: Flat White, Ducks Egg Blue, Light Blue. The washes should arrive Wednesday next week so I'll be able to apply those soon. Thanks for looking.

041.jpg

As can be seen here, I've painted all the "greeblies" on the bottom metallic Copper. I've also started painting the "aztec" pattern on the main hull. I'm painting the pattern freehand just like it was done. I need to repaint the trench a lighter shade of blue or leave it white. Right now it's too dark a shade. Thanks for looking.

042.jpg 043.jpg 044.jpg 045.jpg
I've done more painting of the "Aztec" paneling on the upper and lower main hull. I also painted over the blue in the trench with flat white. This is more like how the trench should look. I received the washes I ordered. These will be used for more of the paneling shades, as well as for making the overall look more gritty. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Wow! I can't believe it's been almost 9 months since I last posted. I finally got the model Clear coated back in August and just a few days ago added the "NCC-42043" decals to the top of the main hull. You will notice that my numbers have the red boarder and they are not as arched around the front of the shuttle bay. That's due to my using decals for the 1/1000 scale Excelsior model. I just need to come up with a way to add the "U.S.S. BUCKNER" ship name on top of the shuttle bay. Once that is done and dry I can seal the decals with a coat of Clear. Once dry I can Dull Coat the ship, add the weathering and finally seal all of that in more Dull Coat. Here are a few pics as the model looks today...

XlbZv4O.jpg

LM8pJcB.jpg

rqAYdjy.jpg

Thanks for looking. Sorry this has taken so long to finish up.

Looks great, I like how faithful you've remained to the U.S.S. Buckner model. Will you be adding any washes or leave it is as it is?

I've been watching this thread with interest for months. I'm guilty of starting threads on other forums then not (yet) completing the project, so I think you've beaten me with timescales.

Inspired by this thread, I have my own Centaur under construction and it's at the white primer stage. I might be able to help with the decals as I've had go at some using the standard fonts though it sounds as though you want some without the red outline (Micrograma bold extended instead of Starfleet bold extended) and the ship name to be in Impact (or similar) instead of Micrograma.

Looks great, I like how faithful you've remained to the U.S.S. Buckner model. Will you be adding any washes or leave it is as it is?

I've been watching this thread with interest for months. I'm guilty of starting threads on other forums then not (yet) completing the project, so I think you've beaten me with timescales.

Inspired by this thread, I have my own Centaur under construction and it's at the white primer stage. I might be able to help with the decals as I've had go at some using the standard fonts though it sounds as though you want some without the red outline (Micrograma bold extended instead of Starfleet bold extended) and the ship name to be in Impact (or similar) instead of Micrograma.

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I will be adding washes to the model once I have the ship name added. The washes will make the look of the ship complete.

This thread is one of the oldest that I have been a part of. I never thought it would take this long to complete.

Looking at the photos of the ship that was used on DS9, it appears to me that the NCC number doesn't have the red outline. It would be nice to have decals like that but as I have it now, I will keep it until I find some without the red outline. As far as the ship name decal, I thought I could piece together letters from the decal sheets I have but this proved to be difficult to do. If you should make some I would pay for a couple sets.

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I will be adding washes to the model once I have the ship name added. The washes will make the look of the ship complete.

This thread is one of the oldest that I have been a part of. I never thought it would take this long to complete.

Looking at the photos of the ship that was used on DS9, it appears to me that the NCC number doesn't have the red outline. It would be nice to have decals like that but as I have it now, I will keep it until I find some without the red outline. As far as the ship name decal, I thought I could piece together letters from the decal sheets I have but this proved to be difficult to do. If you should make some I would pay for a couple sets.

Hi, I'm not looking to sell any decals but I could send either a Photoshop PSD file or Adobe Acrobat PDF, that you would need to print out on clear waterslide decal paper. There's a few brands on the market and you spray a fixative layer over the sheet once you've printed them to stop the ink from running in the water.

I've already done the registry for the Centaur in standard Starfleet fonts and spacing (with the red outline), if you give me a few days, I could add the NCC number and USS Buckner to the sheet, in fonts and sizes to match Adam Buckner's original creation. It takes a bit of trial and error to get the sizes right and I print them on plain paper to test on the model.

My build is complete, I'm just at the painting stage. I've not bought my decal paper yet, but I've done the decals in Photoshop, the spacing and individual letter spacing (kerning) went through a few iterations before they looked right.

Let me know if you want me to add the Buckner ones.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back