Star Trek USS Centaur studio scale

I have an LCARS MSD that you might want to use as part of a display for your excellent model!

Centaur comes galloping | Padsbrat's Doings and Musings

Thank you for posting the link for that. I found the same MSD on Adam Buckner's website a little over a month ago and downloaded it. I too would love to see some pictures of the underside greeblies used on the original model Adam made. As soon as I can, I'll post my parts map to this thread of the items found by myself and Barnstormer when we first worked on our builds.

StevieLewis, your build looks fantastic - mine isn't quite this far along (maybe for the best - I see some great solutions to some problems on your build that I may try to emulate!)

I probably have some of my parts map images around as well - I think I've long since been purged from photo hosting sites, but i know i still have them locally. I remember pouring over the screen caps pretty fiendishly working out the exact position of some of the detail bits, and removing and re-placing a few of them multiple times!

...oh, and a question for StevieLewis! Can you recommend a specific F-16 kit for the landing gear part? I bought a Monogram F-16 cheap on Ebay, but the landing gear strut wasn't a good match...

Hey Barnstormer! To answer your question on which F-16 kit, I used the parts from the AMT/Ertl 1/48 scale F-16A, parts 4C and 5C, on the Reliant Rollbar topside, and parts 3C (2X) outer main wheel/tire halves on the bottom of the Reliant Rollbar. Maybe I can get a picture of these specifically so you can see which parts they are and location.

Centaur Class Starship 01.jpg
Centaur Class Starship 02.jpg
Update: These two photos show the then current layout of what we thought might be the parts from the AMT/Ertl F16-A model, back in 2012, as well as what we had thought were some of the other greeblies used.

Last edited:
I bumped into this thread by accident, while looking for something else.

I still have the model in my attic (or "loft" right now, as I'm living in the UK), but if someone needs any detailed images of the Centaur, let me know and I'll try to get those for you.

- Adam

n9aC

Last edited:
Adam, what a generous offer! There are a few questions I'd LOVE to figure out definitively, and a few photos that would help out immensely!

The first view that would be extremely helpful would be a good clear view of the underside of the saucer. In particular, there are a pair of detail bits that I've never been able to identify with any confidence - if forward is 12 O'clock, then there are two detail parts at roughly 11 and 1 that I haven't been able to figure out from screen caps - a good clear view would help so much!

The other area that I've never been able to completely understand is where the saucer meets up with the Reliant 'roll-bar' - exactly how the top of the Reliant part is cut down so that it attaches to the Excelsior saucer, and also if the hole on the front of the Reliant torpedo-pod is covered with anything or addressed in any way.

Any information on those things would be so helpful, and very kind - thank you for any help you can provide! :)

-mkg

Hi Adam!!! I'm with Barnstormer on this, would love some clear pics of the underside of the saucer as well. Some general overall pics would be wonderful too. I've been away for about 4 months or so, (still looking for work) and to find out that you replied to this thread is awesome.

stevielewis

Crackers! I posted here and then lost track of where "here" was. Thank goodness for birthdays. I've been receiving those automated "Happy Birthday" messages from forums, and I used those to track back to here.

6° of separation...

I'll try to get those images now that I know where I'm going.

Hey Barnstormer! Have you done anything with this build since the last time? I just got this and a few others of my builds out of storage back in Michigan and now have them here in Pennsylvania. I checked this build and it survived the 666 mile trip without any broken parts. Let me know if you are still working this build.

I haven't 'actively' worked on it too much recently, but I never give up on anything. :) The biggest progress for me was picking up the Eaglemoss miniature of the Centaur - the mini-magazine that comes with it had some new photos I'd never seen before, including a good straight-on shot of the underside, although a bit smaller than I would wish for.

My current scanner is pretty cheap, I need to get that page onto a good scanner and blow the image us as much as possible - there are one or two last underside greeblies that I'd love to get a definitive ID on.

This thread is 11 years old now and we STILL haven't figured out all the underside greeblies. I wish Adam would take the pics of the model he has and post them. THAT would really help.

Well...speaking of figuring out all the greeblies on the bottom of the USS Centaur, I just seen some "colorized" pics of the actual prop, which I am now using as my computer background. The view is from the left rear looking forward. I have looked carefully at the picture and noticed that the Klingon warp nacelle parts I have used are currently attached 180 degrees from how they should be. I'm also seeing that I don't have the Reliant Weapons Pod cut down enough yet for proper fitting. So that will also be addressed sometime. So, even after all this time, I'm finding little things that need changing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back