Hasbro B-Wing Conversion

Archive&Future

Sr Member
As I earned a fair bit of money over the past couple of months I've decided that I'm going to stockpile my projects at the beginning of the year.
Some of you may have noticed that I've got an MPC Falcon conversion, Hasbro Slave I and Thunderbird 2 conversions going on. They'll all be done at different rates and times rather than all at once, in theory.

Anyway I picked this toy up from evilbay, it's the 'dagger squadron' version. 'What's that?' you say? No idea

tumblr_myuc6q9KeN1sf4tb1o2_500.jpg

It's just under 2ft long. Can anybody tell me the length of the studio model? I need to work out what donor kits I need

tumblr_myuc6q9KeN1sf4tb1o4_1280.jpg

Disassembly for this was a doddle compared with Slave I

tumblr_myuc6q9KeN1sf4tb1o1_1280.jpg

The default guns are just manky, they look they should be chewy dog toys

tumblr_myuc6q9KeN1sf4tb1o3_1280.jpg

Also the entire thing is covered in raised panel lines. Geeeezz I thought this kind of stuff was limited to AMT, not recent Hasbro toys. SIGH

tumblr_myuc6q9KeN1sf4tb1o5_1280.jpg

This is going to need more work than I'd anticipated. The cockpit and gun hub are oversized and misproportioned respectively but I think I can live with that. Any advice or ideas are gladly welcome

You've only just started but I'm loving this already. Guess where this is going?

http://www.therpf.com/f11/star-wars-hasbro-appreciation-thread-v2-177385/

- - - Updated - - -

Even though the Dagger Squadron and the VC B-Wings are recent releases they are still using the original old molds. It was only the cockpit dashboards they updated so it could do with a new fuselage to bring it up to date.

Thanks JP! The cockpit interior is actually beautiful, it's like a resin casting the detail is so fine. It's just a real bummer that the panel lines are all raised, it's so much extra work.
Oh also, any idea about size? Still trying to find out how big the studio model was

Lots more work on that one, but it's feasible for sure (more elbow grease, that's all;)) the possibilities are there to make it something ass-kicking! I'll follow it for sure as well as your other transfos.

There are several members in the Studio Scale section who have built, or are building, a resin SS B-Wing, including Guy Cowan, Ralphee and Monsieur Tox. They should be able to tell you exactly how long the "real" thing is.

I saw somewhere that the filming model was 740mm long? The Hasbro toy is 570mm so around 75% of the original, same story as Slave I or so I hear.

Last edited:
I carved off a load of panel line from the main hull today, forgot to take photos. I also build up some of the new guns

tumblr_mzzb9ofrIc1sf4tb1o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzzb9ofrIc1sf4tb1o1_500.jpg

They're slightly too long I think and not entirely accurate but they're miles better than the original ones

Want to know something sad? I had one of the original B-wings back in the 80s and those guns you took off it look just as bad as they did back then. Same warpage and such. I actually had one of them floating around here in a box of crap for years. They used the worst plastic.

Wow. I'd totally forgotten about this thread. I was even set to ask if anyone had taken this beast apart because I just bought this very ship yesterday. No need to ask now. Haystack Hair's already done it.

How's this going now, HH?

Wow. I'd totally forgotten about this thread. I was even set to ask if anyone had taken this beast apart because I just bought this very ship yesterday. No need to ask now. Haystack Hair's already done it.

How's this going now, HH?

Not enough to warrant a thread update, but I've been re-scribing more accurate panel lines. I need access to a dremel to cut away the cockpit gun area really. Toy conversions are more strenuous than I'd imagined!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back