Vader ANH Helmet

Smiling Demon

Sr Member
This question has probably been asked before but here goes.

Is the VAder ANH helmet longer than the ESB or the ROTJ?
I am beginning to like the ANH helmet more and more and I have a DP CA helmet as well as the Rubies so I was just wondering what changes I would need to make.

Should I just purchase one of the ANH helmets?

Kenny

Yes, the dome is larger and longer than the ESB/ROTJ dome, not to mention that its got a shareper widows peak. Gypsyboy made a tutorial on lengthening the standard ESB/ROTJ dome and modifying it into an ANH on the Sith Training Temple.

The helmet is longer and has a thicker edge. It also has a pronounced 'widows peak' 'V' shape between the eyes. With the facemask you will need to reduce the size of the triangle under the mouth, change the grills and re-do the paint scheme.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Feb 8 2007, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1414430[/snapback]</div>
I highly doubt that the ANH is longer than the ESB or the RotJ, it just sits differently angle-wise and lower on the face.
[/b]

I agree. The thickness and shape of the rim is different, the ANH dome does have the widows peak and the Y-shape, the ESB center stripe is a bit wider. Other than that, the domes are pretty much the same.

Tom

All of the domes are the same length. ANH,ESB AND ROTJ.

ANH dome has a thicker edge then all of them with a Y crease, sharp centre strip and widows peak. This dome is the most substantial but not longer.

ESB is a tweaked ANH dome, has a marginally wider centre strip, and slighly thinner edging, thicker then most think though. The Y crease is evident and the widows peak has been trimmed.

ROTJ - is a different mould but still has the basic foundations of the others. No Y crease indent, thinner trimming, trimmed widows peak, and marginally wider and softer centre strip than ESB.

Some people think ROTJ is the shortest as it sits higher on the faceplate, that reason is simply because of the fixing ring mech on the Jedi faceplate which is taller then the hat mount of ESB.

anyone got a picture that shows the inside of an `origional` anh dome?

ive always wondered as the anh faceplate didnt have a socket and only the velcro, did the dome sit hollow right on to the face plate hence making it seem longer or was there a structure or depth to the inside of the dome.

just unaware as ive never seen an origional bucket from the inside

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DB73 @ Feb 8 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]1414635[/snapback]</div>
ive always wondered as the anh faceplate didnt have a socket and only the velcro, did the dome sit hollow right on to the face plate hence making it seem longer or was there a structure or depth to the inside of the dome.

[/b]

I was wondering the same thing.

Didn't the anh dome have a piece of wood in it with tabs mounted to it? I wish I had a memory.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnythingSciFi @ Feb 9 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]1415153[/snapback]</div>
Does anyone have a pic of the mounting system for the ANH helmet?

Kenny
[/b]

The only pictures publicly available are those showing the dome mounting tabs on the top of the face mask. Inside the dome would have had to of been a spacer approx 1" thick with the other half of the tabs mounted to it. We know it would have been approx 1" thick because for ESB they decided to do away with using the tabs and instead fitted a dome mounting ring for better stability which happens to be this thickness. The tab fasteners were used on old Apple computers but were not specific to Apple. I think 3M originally produced them.

If you can get a hold of a 20th C or a decent, unmolested/uncleaned copy you'll see that they are cast into it. Obviously they didn't bother taking the apple connectors off the ANH when they made the ESB mask's.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clutch @ Feb 9 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]1414869[/snapback]</div>
Didn't the anh dome have a piece of wood in it with tabs mounted to it? I wish I had a memory.
[/b]

DAMN... I think I heard that too, makes sense... Nice info Clutch, thanks for sharing :) your memories better than mine :D

Cheers,

Kraig

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back