Starship Troopers / Str Trek: Enterprise Crossover

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Here is an interesting thing that just passed by on eBay (auction is now over). This is claimed to be a "STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE SICKBAY MENAGERIE CARRYING CASE; appearing in episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise for use by “Dr. Phlox” (John Billingsley) in carrying live specimens."

star-trek-enterprise-sick-bay-case.jpg

The minute I saw it I recognized the design. The same design can be seen on the back of the Starship Trooper Mobile Infantry "Ammo Pack" and "Fednet Pack." My guess is the case was originally made for Starship and just reused in Enterprise, but I had never seen it before this. LOVE seeing how things like this pop up again and again in other productions.

starship-troopers-fednet-and-ammo-pack.jpg

Might not be anyone out there who cares about it outside of me... but I thought it was cool.

There is an episode that shows a Nazi solider firing a weapon on some old news reel type footage or in black and white, I forget, but thats a rifle from Soldier.

My guess is the case was originally made for Starship and just reused in Enterprise, but I had never seen it before this

Yeah nothing like seeing Props re-used on another show.

Probably not re-used; the prop guys from all the shows would source from local stores (Pier 1, Home Depo, an electrical supply store, etc); odds are the Enterprise guy and the Starship Troopers guy spotted the same container being sold at Home Depo and bought a bunch to use on their individual shows.

Also forgot to add that in Southland Tales there is a casket/chamber that houses a body. The side "locks" are actually Enterprise hand scanners just glued on.

My friend who worked on Enterprise recalls that they were originally camera cases that were altered for use on the show. Looks like the prop guy on Starship Troopers used the same cases and just cut them in half.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back