Iron man helmet/full body armor

Kelefrangi

Hello,
im new to the site and new to the hobby. I work construction so due to the winter season I have a lot of free time. I recently embarked on my first project which I probably shouldn't have attempted as a novice but have got some great results so far. Unfortunately I did not have a printer so I had to use PDF file I found on a thread and print it at my local fed ex office. Surprisingly I did a pretty good job however I noticed that it was slightly snug. I'm not even sure I can put any foam inside for cushioning. Doing some research revealed that scaling was in order but unfortunately for me I had already embarked on my project and intended to finish it. With that said if anyone can post a link with full PDF pepakura unfolds for a full body iron man suit with scaling for 5'10" 165lbs that would greatly be appreciated. I have searched for pdo to PDF converters and tried many methods but have had unsuccessful results. I have also tried the 4shared and other links to find files but came up empty handed and made my computer which happens to be a small notebook slower be cuz some of those links installed 3rd person apps! I'm not that tech savy. I have no experience with pepakura, or bondo. Cutting it out was quite stressful since i do not have a desk or a table. I live in a studio and have no room for furniture besides my bed a tv stand and a dresser. I didn't have any issues with the helmet collapsing after the first coat of resin. I did have extreme issues working with the resin and bondo in such a small area. I wore a ventilator and work right next to the window with an industrial fan blowing the vapor out! I wanted to make sure all the pieces fit and are uniform. I did have a few issues with warping but nothing significantly noticeable. It is my first project so I'm not too concerned about minor warping. Any suggestions on how I might cut the faceplate to make it a flip top would be appreciated. The fiberglassing was probably the messiest. I used the cloth and combined with the resin. That stuff started to string all over my room. I got most of the inside of the mask fiberglassed and started applying bondo on several sections. I'm scared to use gobs of it firstly, because that stuff dries extremely fast and secondly I don't want to lose details or the shape under too much bondo. Any suggestions on keeping sharp edges? Since the design I printed was a drop down in the rear the author suggested not to glue or bond all pieces together. However I wanted everything to be uniform. What I did so far was cut the bottom part of the chin area and plan to cut the back open so that I can comfortably put it on.
Here's photos of my progress, any suggestions for my questions, links for PDF, or any tips would
be appreciated! Thank you
image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back