TJack's Amazing Spiderman 2 Faceshell and Lenses

TJackFx

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since I've been getting a lot of pm's asking if I was planning on making a new shell and lenses set for the upcoming movie, I figured I may as well just get a thread going where I can make some updates.

It's been a slow process as I've had a lot of other things to work on as well, but I'm getting pretty close to completing the set and will make them available in the new year.

First off the shell - it will have a completely different shape than my universal faceshell. The new one is sleeker in my opinion and will be very close to the shape of the one Garfield wears in the new movie. Here are a few comparison shots to show you how close the sculpt is.

I don't plan on adding the lycra to the back of it like the movie one - I will leave that up to the buyers to do if they choose. I will also be adding the recesses in the shell for the frames to sit in.

My frames are also getting updated and will be closer than ever to the screen used ones. No major adjustments but just some minor things that I think will make them more accurate. I'm going to hold off a bit before I toss any images of them up in this thread. They are very close to being ready to prepare for molding and casting.

Also, the shell and lenses will include magnets so there will be no need to glue the frames to your mask :)

Once I have everything to my liking, I will update my threads in the JY with the new items.

Ditto. Watching closely. If you need any tests done, I have a new mask that I wanted to do magnetic frames on. And I'm in BC! Depending on the shape of the final frames I will probably get both from you.

Looking forward to these!

Yes, these shells will be ready to wear, no drilling of any holes will be required (unless you feel like adding more than what I initially put in them).

I don't plan on putting in the vent holes at the top like Garfield's has - that you will need to do on your own :)

I can't wait to get this! What will the price tag be? I also think you should incorporate your TASM 1 lenses with the faceshell because they used the same faceshell in TASM 1. Just a thought.

cost is still TBD since I won't know for sure how long it will take from start to finish until I get the first few made and can price out all the materials. I can say that they will cost more than a current universal shell and ASM2 combo which is $90 + shipping because there is more work involved - I will be completing the lenses and adding all the magnets (plus the lenses will have curved plexi just like the movie ones).

I might look into making an asm1 version as well if the demand is there.

Ah man. Here we go. A slight competition to see who has the best faceshell/lense combo.
McLean in the lead with Tjack on his tail. Joelai close as well.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back