Wookie Suit Estimated Costs?

depends on your skills, you can do a very nice wookie suit, getting the hair from beauty supply as i did, scuplted the undermask, molded it, cast it, made a movable jaw, feet extensions, did all this for around 700, plus a looooooooooooot of time to do it. Chewbacca resource website is a good place to begin. pm me if you have further questions. You can yak fur a lot cheaper then that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xmart @ Feb 7 2007, 07:41 PM) [snapback]1413956[/snapback]</div>
Well my point here is a bit different. I just received a screen used full Sasquatch and Baby Sasquatch costumes from Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny and worn by Jack Black and John C. Reilly.

I'm looking forward to see their "costume" value next to their "screen-used" value. They are worth around $4000-$5000 each on screen-used side, I want to see if they worth more as themselves? I also have their foot and hands.
[/b]

Hey Oz,

First off, long time no talk. PM me with an update on your event plans in Turkey. Hope they're goin' well.

Okay, now as to your question. Given their value as screen-used suits, it would be extremely foolish to try to convert them to wookiee costumes.

You would run the huge risk of the conversion not going well, and then you'd be stuck with nothing: a couple of butchered screen-used props worth nothing, and a couple of crappy wookiee suits worth very little--that would still not include a mask, or bandolier and pouch. You will have put all kinds of money and time into the conversions, and end up losing money on the project.

You've got something screen-used, unique and of value. My 2 cents is to not destroy them.

Congrats on getting such cool props. :cheers How is it you came by them?

The Wook

Well I would NEVER butcher my screen-used props, and never though of converting them into Wookies :) It was just a question to see, but I never had any intentions to convert them, never will.

"Turkey" plans are going well, we're setting up the 501st here, and we are very close to getting it done and get accepted. Lots of the folks here are ready to fly CIV, so I'll see you there hopefully buddy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xmart @ Feb 7 2007, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1414033[/snapback]</div>
Lots of the folks here are ready to fly CIV, so I'll see you there hopefully buddy.
[/b]

Sounds good.

i couldnt get through the posts fast enough. LOL.

i was about to say hey thats a great score, then it hit me... is he going to butcher these things... :confused

then i got to the bottom... LOL.

seriously AWESOME score. i love jack black... and the ALMIGHTY D... B)

Wig hair wookies are a LOT cheaper, but you get what you pay for.. Nat. Hair tech fur is $$$$$ but looks fantastic. I made this one for not much over 100.00 in materials... but the cost would be a LOT in labor.. takes a long time to do.
I latch-hooked this one onto a mesh fabric over a period of months..the mask was a halloween dollar mask with hair just hot glued on & the teeth & nose are sculpy.. It looked a lot better when it was new.. :lol
This is a pic of a friend in it..Looks like crap now.. the head hair has fallen & the teeth have fallen out..needs a LOT of work..

using wig hair if done properly look and turns out really good if you know how to use it, apply it, and so on, at least on mine it did. What costs the most is the time it takes to make it. :)

A few years ago, my sister came to me and wanted me to help one of her friends make a wookie costume... I told her it would be $1000's of dollars. She didn't ask me a second time.

Has anyone just tried making their own unique wookiee costume based on their own
individual body height and specs? Id rather do that than try to make a Chewy suit when
youre not over 6 ft tall. It would make more sense and mean more to me to create my own
wookiee persona with my own attire. Has anyone else tried to do any Wooks strictly from ROTS?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthravenger @ Feb 23 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]1424916[/snapback]</div>
Has anyone just tried making their own unique wookiee costume based on their own
individual body height and specs? Id rather do that than try to make a Chewy suit when
youre not over 6 ft tall. It would make more sense and mean more to me to create my own
wookiee persona with my own attire. Has anyone else tried to do any Wooks strictly from ROTS?
[/b]

If I knew a good wookie mask source, I would totally do this and be a "tween" wookie (I'm only 5'6"). THe only things holding me back would be the feet and face, since I can't sculpt worth a darn.
no reason you cant be talller uses drywall extensions, or in my case i used boots, witha wood frame underneath and bigger feet to blend in to give me extra height. Yes there are a few wookies out there that are not chewie too. I sculpted the undermask, first time for me and it came out fantastic, just time and patience.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back