Jingle All the Way - Turboman

Rusty85

Sr Member
In the spirit of Christmas I figured I would torture myself and see if anyone ever was able to turn up anything in regards to the original prop version of Turboman from Jingle All the Way. I saw one of the boxed Hero versions auctioned off for $1700 in November and I had just missed an auction for an unpainted one years ago. Still wishing I could find something better than the toy released back then.

I saw that boxed hero one also. $1700 is not a bad price for it. I have also seen 2 Dementor 14" figures but have NEVER seen a Booster figure. Even though no one wanted him in the movie, they made a lot of him for production.

I know that there is a banned member who has an unpainted Turboman. I would love to get a real one someday.

i saw the same figure on ebay....i think it was previously owned by one of our members....

ill be posting some jingle all the way items i have in my collection soon...

check out this video....pretty cool behind the scenes footage....

in the background....you can see a few toys in the toy store

few pictures of some hero toys....

535863693_zpsa15bdd42.jpg

from video
ScreenShot2013-12-19at111626PM_zpsc783ecb3.png

_57-2_zps43df72e9.jpg

_57-6_zps0b2898ff.jpg

_57-5_zps5e644f40.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I'd love to get my hands on some of those. I wonder how close the toy released was to the version shown in film. It looks pretty similar, but it has been a while since I've seen the other in hand.

Ha ha for a film that wasn't that great this action figure sure is becoming a holy grail item for many of us.

Me included;)

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha ha for a film that wasn't that greatTapatalk

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!

It's the greatest Christmas action hero movie ever!

The tiger electronics doesn't come close to the hero. I been wanting a hero for a very long time. I got
another prop to make up for it though

The 250 is high. During Christmas time.... They sky rocket in value..... You can find them mint in box for about 160

Man I'd love to get my hands on some of those. I wonder how close the toy released was to the version shown in film. It looks pretty similar, but it has been a while since I've seen the other in hand.
Guess I should fess up. They are close in size but obviously two independent sculpts. And yes this is from the collection of a fellow board member (great guy). Here are some reference pics.

Thank you! Like all of you I have pursued finding a prop Turbo Man for years. I regretted not getting the unpainted one years ago, but thankfully history has repeated itself and he's now a treasured addition to the collection. My plan is to have Tom Spina reattach the visor and jetpack (glue dried out). Luckily he's minutes away.

Evil you really got me wondering about this new acquisition. How can you have possibly one upped the prototype helmet? I think a confession is in order!

well, i have a few new acquisitions...

the rocketeer prototype helmet will always be my all time favorite prop....there is another rocketeer prop that comes close..but ill wait to disclose that later....

i did acquire this recently....
14fb9ff0-6902-4ef2-89ee-1a5021365e9f_zps9102f7b8.jpg

Awesome awesome addition! I wondered who got that. Glad it went to a great home. Would look great mounted on a Arnold torso mannequin. On eBay I often see the life scan bust from T3 priced reasonably.

I got a Turboman for Johnny months ago. It's nestled safely under our tree.

Here are a few of my screen used and production made props. The comic is one of only 2 HERO comics I've seen. It has the foil on the cover. I also have 2 of the non foiled versions along with one of the cereal boxes and band member arm patches.

D1236899-6724-4A26-84FC-DC4C384D6A55.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome collection Jedifyfe! I remember seeing the prop Dementor on Ebay at one point and almost picked it up. Hopefully someone here gets one of the Turboman's eventually that'll whip up a few casts. Maybe Ven Dean? ; )

Excellent collection Jedi! I have no intention to offer replicas. With all the recasting and potential for counterfiting its not worth it. Ive seen some cool 3D printing done in which you can reduce the scale. Perhaps one day a six inch version to go those Dementors.

Excellent collection Jedi! I have no intention to offer replicas. With all the recasting and potential for counterfiting its not worth it. Ive seen some cool 3D printing done in which you can reduce the scale. Perhaps one day a six inch version to go those Dementors.

I understand however, these are not the Maltese Falcon. These are minor props from a movie not loved by a lot of people. When I cast and sold copies of my Staff of Ra headpiece from Raiders, I never thought twice about it. Let the people who love the film have their props but put a little "tell" in it. Make it different color resin or something. $1500 for an original prop is NOTHING. If a Turboman was selling for $50,000-$100,000, then maybe, but really...these are not greatly historical props. The screen used suits MAYBE get $3000...Maybe...on a good day, I have shoes worth twice that. You are not going to deprive someone if they own an original. I always post as much info on the real props as I can. It will NEVER hurt my real props.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back