Planet Explorer

Katsu-san, this is an inspiring build. I am amazed at the level of detail. The "diamond plate" flooring to scale had me thinking the vehicle was at least twice the size it actually is. The level of detail you have crafted at that scale and the authentic feel is certainly studio quality! I am a new RPF member, do you have links to your other builds? My son and I have been staring at this one on and off all afternoon as we worked on our model and talked about the Taiowa!

Thank you very much for close looking at my model and welcome to RPF.
Building a model with your son ? You are so lucky.
I have built only a few models so far but please have a look.
I love to hear any of your comment.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=78180&page=5&highlight=tempest
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=130212&page=6
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=142689&page=36&highlight=hyperion

katsu

Thank you very much for close looking at my model and welcome to RPF.
Building a model with your son ? You are so lucky.
I have built only a few models so far but please have a look.
I love to hear any of your comment.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=78180&page=5&highlight=tempest
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=130212&page=6
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=142689&page=36&highlight=hyperion

katsu

The level of artistry and intelligent design as well as utter attention to detail is simply astounding in every way. It is almost intimidating to look at as I know that it will take many builds and many long hours to be half as good as Katsu-san! These threads should be required viewing upon joining the RPF. When I say your builds are inspirational I mean it quite literally. My son and I are working on an MPC Falcon yet we sat most of the afternoon trying to come up with a design a original star ship from "junk" we have in the garage after looking at your builds for over an hour in awe. Definitely going to "bash" something soon just to see what comes out of it. My son and I already chose a name with your permission Katsu-san!

The IGCS Katsuhiko 1916 (Inter-Galactic Command Ship Katsuhiko January 9 2016)
Of course, our project will be a complete newbie scratch build so you may not wish to have your name associated with it, lol.

One question, I have no clue about lighting models or lighting anything for that matter. Have you done any instructional videos on how you light your ships and how you get the glow in your acrylic panels? I would love to learn from someone with your skill level!

Hi Katsu-san, I am also a new member and just read the entire build thread from start to finish. To say I was impressed would be a massive understatement, I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said by others, you are a master Modeller, an engineering genius and a true artist in the same league as Leonardo da Vinci !!
I am stunned!
Cheers for now.
Jon

Hello, thank you very much for looking and many pleasant comment.
Welcome to RPF. There are many great builder here and you may enjoy watching their work.
I hope you put up your work soon.
Thank you very much again!!

katsu

The level of artistry and intelligent design as well as utter attention to detail is simply astounding in every way. It is almost intimidating to look at as I know that it will take many builds and many long hours to be half as good as Katsu-san! These threads should be required viewing upon joining the RPF. When I say your builds are inspirational I mean it quite literally. My son and I are working on an MPC Falcon yet we sat most of the afternoon trying to come up with a design a original star ship from "junk" we have in the garage after looking at your builds for over an hour in awe. Definitely going to "bash" something soon just to see what comes out of it. My son and I already chose a name with your permission Katsu-san!

The IGCS Katsuhiko 1916 (Inter-Galactic Command Ship Katsuhiko January 9 2016)
Of course, our project will be a complete newbie scratch build so you may not wish to have your name associated with it, lol.

One question, I have no clue about lighting models or lighting anything for that matter. Have you done any instructional videos on how you light your ships and how you get the glow in your acrylic panels? I would love to learn from someone with your skill level!

Thank you very very much for looking my previous build.
It is my honour to have a ship with my name,sir.
I really believe you and your son's ship would be a great one.
And all the moment you build it with your boy, it must be a golden while.

There is a very easy way to light up the model and I always do that.
I always use white LED for Christmas illumination.
100 bulb would be good enough.It has a lighting controller and very reliable.
You can buy one for $10-$30.(maybe). In fact one of my model is keep lighting for more than five years.
You can remove any unnecessary wires or LEDs to fit your models and even you can cut the water resisting cover of each LEDs to make it smaller to fit the tight space.
To light up the acrylic panels. Simply put some LEDs behind the panels and that's all. Or you can use edge lighting as I used for the instrumental panels.
Also, buy some bunch of optical fiber for the small pinhole windows.
You can drill the pinhole and stick a fiber optics in it and put the LED on the other end inside.
You should put the fiber optics stick out of the surface a little longer so that you can cut it after the paint job.

If you have anything to ask, please feel free to ask anything anytime. PM me is OK.
And so many skilfull people here in this sight will willing to tell you anything.

I can't wait to see your work thread!

All the best

katsu

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back