Planet Explorer

I love scratch builds, they just give us so many good ideas to "borrow" from in the future on our own simple builds.
The cockpit looks amazing so far, I can't wait to see how the rest of it comes to life.
Based on the excitement of other respected builders I have also subscribed to this thread.
Domo arigato go sai mas for sharing your talent with us.

I thank you very much my dearist friends.
SenseiFetter-san, thanks for stopping by, and your kind word.
Hoping you may enjoy my build.

And, Tom the smilingotter-san, thanks for putting up my past builds.
I, myself have just seen them again long after I saw them last and I could clearly recall the splendid moment I shared with you and which is now makes me smile and forget the hard time I had.
Thank you very much Tom-san and all the best to my friends over the sea.
katsu
Oh, One more thing,
News says US is in the killing chilly weather in these days.
I need you all to take care and do not catch the bad cold.

Especially, snowbuilder-san, don't stay outside too long . I don't want to see the pic of your frozen statue posted. :D

Last edited:
I understand most of the US is freezing it's butt off, but here in Oregon, it's a balmy 45-50 F and I'm loving it!

Anyhow, I'm loving the canopy and the chairs. Your work is outstanding.

--Alex

I just looked at the 3 last projects you worked on over the years and wow, quite something. I really like that gunship.
Someone really needs to get some good cameras together with some green screen and make some awesome action scenes with all this.....the good old fashion way.

I understand most of the US is freezing it's butt off, but here in Oregon, it's a balmy 45-50 F and I'm loving it!

Anyhow, I'm loving the canopy and the chairs. Your work is outstanding.

--Alex

Thanks for the comment, Alex-san.
Looks like you got a nice place to live.
The state of Oregon is one of the most popular and adoreble place for Japanese people here. Once, there was a good Japanese TV show had been shot in there. We've been stunned the vast and beautiful landscape there. Here is the first scene of the first episode.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TnGnBd4w3WQ&desktop_uri=/watch?v=TnGnBd4w3WQ

I just looked at the 3 last projects you worked on over the years and wow, quite something. I really like that gunship.
Someone really needs to get some good cameras together with some green screen and make some awesome action scenes with all this.....the good old fashion way.

Thank you very much for looking at my previous work ! Jedi michael-san.
I'm happy with your comment. :D

katsu

Thanks for the comment, Alex-san.
Looks like you got a nice place to live.
The state of Oregon is one of the most popular and adoreble place for Japanese people here. Once, there was a good Japanese TV show had been shot in there. We've been stunned the vast and beautiful landscape there. Here is the first scene of the first episode.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TnGnBd4w3WQ&desktop_uri=/watch?v=TnGnBd4w3WQ

katsu

Awesome! Thanks for the video link! I had NO idea such a show ever was in Japan. It's a pity the kid didn't say any of the five or six Japanese words I know! Though I didn't recognize any of those specific locations (it IS a big mostly empty state after all!) the Mountain did look suspiciously like Mount Hood... though Mt. Hood if viewed from, probably, the South East. I live in and around Portland which is straight West of the mountain.

Also, I gotta ask... is there some cultural rule against Japanese boys wearing pants? Seriously, every time I see Japanese boys they're inevitably wearing shorts.

Anyhow, thanks again!

--Alex

Ah ha,
No rule but Japanese boy often wear those short pants when they play outside.
I don't know why . :D

Here's a few hours progress.

I've started to build a nose lower observation deck.

Cut out for window.

Scribed lines on a 0.5mm sheet plastic.

Here's a role of aluminume tape ( duct tape?).

Stick it on the back of the scribed sheet plastic.

Making a frame with clear plexy and sheet plastic.

Put the scribed sheet in between the plexy and frame.

Retractable window shield. :D

Fix the retracting housing.

Ok, let's see.

Fully opened.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Looking good!

Also, yes you are using real duct tape there... I used to do a little bit of furnace/duct work and the aluminum tape you've got there is what you want to put on ducts. The other stuff with the strings in it that most people call duct tape is absolutely the wrong things to actually put on ducting as it can cause a pretty serious fire hazard...

Just a little PSA for you DIY-type home-owners out there...

:)

--Alex

Last edited:
The one with strings in is for cool airflow duct, and it definitely doesn't go on hot ducts as you say :thumbsup

So are you going to be able to open and close the door when the model is completed?

Yes, Mike-san. I'd like to build some other hatches, doors or boading ladder functioning as much as I can.
The design of this vehicle is rather something I should say boxy or modeat. So I like to add some gimmick for fun. :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back