The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

Hey pinder91 trying to join the Facebook page and saw your post. Let me know what I need to do.

- - - Updated - - -

That is actually available here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/YL3ASLBU6/arrow-season-5-forearm-gadget

For more information like this, I highly recommend requesting to join the Emerald Archers facebook page. And be sure to contact one of the admins as most requests that do not come with any sort of communication are usually ignored.

Hey pinder91 trying to join the Facebook page and saw your post. Let me know what I need to do.

Last edited:
View attachment 457373View attachment 457372View attachment 457371View attachment 457370View attachment 457369Ok guys, the Arrow Prop master came through for us, he gave us a design for the folding bow and injection arrows. He also gave us flechette pics and lengths, plus a close up of the grapple hook arrow head. And a pic of an arrow i've never seen used and it had no ID so i'm not sure what it is.View attachment 457377 And i also found this pic where oliver seems to be wearing a league suit and using a different bow, some recurve.
WHOA those flettchettes look way too long to to on a forarm are you sure about them?

Oliver's new bow any ideas?
31caf5062ae59da44d259ae95769a374.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oliver's new bow is the ragim matrix jr again look very closely to this photo the exterior is just a cover over top of the base bow
2d606d378fb09914e426a6ad5baa0e6c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ok, so it's time for an update and some good news!

THE SEASON 6 BOW

26001332_2036520099897358_1422286485038221003_n.jpg

Yep, you've already seen it. Yep, it's even been discussed here.

However... we can now confirm that a 48" Ragim Matrix Evo is currently being used as the base bow. It appears as though Ragim has just renamed the Matrix Jr. (Maybe they just decided that "Junior" doesn't sound as cool as "Evo"?
Ragim Matrix Evo

Keep in mind this is a similar shape to the older Junior that we've grown to love, but the Junior itself had a facelift before it was renamed. Many people building the island bow in the last few years may have noticed this (frustrating) change.

What's cool about the new bow? For one thing, it has a carabiner on the front! Ok, technically it's a "tool carrier", specifically the Transporter from Rock Exotica. And even more specifically, only the gate and locking collar are used, but it's cool!
transPorter

_vyr_1387DMM-ROCK-EXOTIKA.jpg

This bow also has a similar grip tape to that used on the island bow (this time black and sueded), plus some electrical tape to keep it in place as opposed to the sinew wrap.

The down side is that all the rest of pieces were custom made. Nothing else is available off-the-shelf.

That sucks! What's the good news?

ALL of the custom greeblies on this bow are actually now available for purchase on Shapeways as 3D prints! And the crazy person that made these super nice models also made a convenient diagram that indicates all the different pieces and their various options (budget and painting convenience were considered). :p
AP Engineering by pinder91 - Shapeways Shops

Parts Diagram.jpg

What about the string? Well it's a similar color scheme to that used on the Kestrel, but this time it's a flemish twist style instead of an endless loop style.

string.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone still use this thread? I am trying to figure out what type of outfits for the season 7 prison outfits, they look simliar to scrubs i guess and the color i believe is pewter? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello is the Emerald Archers Facebook group still a thing because I can't find anywhere on Facebook

Lol, Thank You! I was just getting ready to ask myself!!! Ive been looking thru every single group with that name or a variation of said name trying to find this group.

Yes. It's just a secret group so you need to be invited. Try contacting Andrew Pinder or Justin Monk.

Hey Everyone,

I'm fairly new to the RPF scene, but am no newbie when it comes to cosplay. But I have never bought an "official" (so to speak) version of a costume. I was interested in buying a copy of the Arrow Season 5 costume from Procosplay. Has anyone bought this costume? Is it a worthwhile investment?

Thanks,
– J

Hey Everyone,

I'm fairly new to the RPF scene, but am no newbie when it comes to cosplay. But I have never bought an "official" (so to speak) version of a costume. I was interested in buying a copy of the Arrow Season 5 costume from Procosplay. Has anyone bought this costume? Is it a worthwhile investment?

Thanks,
– J
Some people on the Emerald Archers facebook group have. It's generally considered a pretty good starting point, especially for the price

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back