The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

As neato-looking as the Season Two bow is, I feel like it lacks the cool factor of the Season One bow.

Sure, it's all high tech and covered in pulleys and is probably a great bow, but it just doesn't strike me the same way.

I feel like the island-assembled bow is a great prop that jumped out at me over and over again, whereas I can barely recall the season two bow because it just sort of blends into the background.

Last edited:
Anyone crazy enough to be looking for the case Felicity has the bow stored in when she presents it to Oliver, it is...

THE SEASON 2 BOW CASE... for the first couple episodes

Plano 108110 All-Weather Bow Case

Plano-108110-All-Weather-Bow-Case-Black-800x800.jpg
plano 600px-ArrowS2E01_recurved_bow_case.jpg

Don't get too excited though. This one appears to be discontinued.

Last edited:
As neato-looking as the Season Two bow is, I feel like it lacks the cool factor of the Season One bow.

Sure, it's all high tech and covered in pulleys and is probably a great bow, but it just doesn't strike me the same way.

I feel like the island-assembled bow is a great prop that jumped out at me over and over again, whereas I can barely recall the season two bow because it just sort of blends into the background.

Personally, I love the new bow. The reason it blends into the background cuz it's all black and most action scenes are dark. Maybe they should repaint it like green and then it'll help.

I agree, I personally prefer the new bow over the first one, but I'll want the first season one just for the fun aspect of assembling it!

It took me awhile to assemble my first season bow. Especially since I had to use my dremel to take the finish off the riser and then use a wood burning pen to mark the symbols to it. Everything else was looking for parts online to build it.

I much prefer the Season 1 bow, its just totally weird looking and not 'off the shelf' Bits stuck on with tape, scorched markings, I love that about it

I much prefer the Season 1 bow, its just totally weird looking and not 'off the shelf' Bits stuck on with tape, scorched markings, I love that about it

It has character.

Season Two bow is new, off the shelf, manufactured... no character. It could literally be *any* archer's bow.

I wouldn't say completely off the shelf, I mean it has additions to the limbs, custom paint job, a specific arrow rest. In a way it DOES come off as a more spec based manufactured bow for sure...in story as well! I think it has a character of its own.

What the Season 1 bow had was a certain CHARM, I think, over Season 2. It was more rugged, had a feeling of slapped together, when in the end it had just as much additions its successor. Really the Smallville bow was MUCH more off the shelf than either of these.

I wouldn't say completely off the shelf, I mean it has additions to the limbs, custom paint job, a specific arrow rest. In a way it DOES come off as a more spec based manufactured bow for sure...in story as well! I think it has a character of its own.

What the Season 1 bow had was a certain CHARM, I think, over Season 2. It was more rugged, had a feeling of slapped together, when in the end it had just as much additions its successor. Really the Smallville bow was MUCH more off the shelf than either of these.

There you go. Nail on the head.

The season two bow looks tricked out plenty but, tricked out with the sort of things that any archer might get buying a high-end bow. Of course, in the actual storyline that is *exactly* what it is, so I can't fault the prop.

The season one bow tells a story by itself. What story? We aren't sure yet, but we are guaranteed to see it pop up again as the island flashbacks progress!

About the only thing we do know is that is was more than likely assembled from a wrecked ship/boat of some description.

As someone who was never a fan of Smallville, I couldn't comment on the Green Arrow's bow from that series.

I've been looking all day, and I havent been able to find anything quality. Do you think you guys could find a good clear picture of his tattoo over his left shoulder? Im gonna take cosplay to a new level hahahaha

I've been looking all day, and I havent been able to find anything quality. Do you think you guys could find a good clear picture of his tattoo over his left shoulder? Im gonna take cosplay to a new level hahahaha

these ?
be adviced some are screenshots while he's looking in the mirror
vlcsnap-2014-01-06-07h09m41s225.jpg
vlcsnap-2014-01-06-07h09m25s71.jpg
vlcsnap-2014-01-06-07h09m56s126.jpg
vlcsnap-2014-01-06-07h10m05s216.jpg

I'd send you my spare tape since I only used one but it's packed and stored with the bow I built back in the states since I'm currently overseas for the foreseeable future

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back