The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

Season 2 is an Oneida Kestrel. $1300 unless you can find a decent used one.

We will have to make a post on that too I guess!

I did not order a Kestrel, I bought the Oneida Eagle. They seam to be pretty close and I got the eagle for much cheaper. As much as I would like to order a Kestrel I can not justify having a $1300 bow for cosplay purposes lol. Heres a side by side, as you can see their slightly different, but not different enough to shell out $1300 IMO their pretty friggen close
I was planning on it. LOL

Bcarp100, if you did order up a Kestrel, I have an idea... ;)

Whats your idea?!?!

Kestrel
Kestrelinhand.jpg
Eagle
Black eagle .JPG

For those of you doubting the finish on the Ragim can be removed easily or who are convinced it is the natural color of the wood, this was after maybe 1-2 minutes of 80 grit by hand...

3A6402F5-CFB3-4A51-AE59-153E797D5A53_zpsx2f9rkrq.JPG

Last edited:
That looks nice, I am going to be ordering one of those after Christmas as well. I just ordered some of the Eskimo Broad heads as well. Just a little advise on those if you're planning on shooting your arrows you will need to know the broad head needs to be vertical when knocked on your bow or it will plain and you also need to have a good offset on your fletchings or a heliccoil to make them spin when shot this also helps prevent plaining.

As far as costumes go, I came across this on amazon. Its not genuine leather, but from the looks of it it looks right to me. For the price I might just pick this up and see what its like. What do you guys think? Should I be the Guinea pig?
http://www.amazon.com/Oliver-Cospla...&qid=1387837073&sr=8-1&keywords=arrow+cosplay

Last edited:
I'm fairly confident in the selection of the Brooks leather tape. Why is that, you ask?

Because this was waiting in my mail box!

6D5EA856-3830-4719-8E41-1FBB74A12B3B_zpsjwtzytlr.JPG

And I was able to take these pics.

0F9D14B1-1ABC-487B-9B0B-3537BDED2C2B_zps4dxxzemn.JPG
24AAA803-9534-4467-A23E-CFB51B3C5D6D_zpsdrkxpy3i (1).JPG

And compare colors with this.

432077_336527073099233_2016070167_n_zps86b0d76e.JPG

Good enough for me. What do you think?
:thumbsup or :thumbsdown

Last edited:
Looks pretty dang close to me! Are you planning on shooting it once you finish all the cosmetics? I would be curious on how it shoots with all the extras on it. I think I am going to buy the suit from amazon. I will keep you posted on the bow and the suit once I get everything in and start my build!

I'll probably shoot it once or twice, but I'm not planning on making a regular thing of it. If/when I buy a Kestrel, that's another story.

Lol I would love to know how it shoots with the hardware! You never did tell me your idea if I were to buy a Kestrel. Tax return season is right around the corner maybe I could be convinced!

I just needed a few measurements from the bow. The closest CP Oneida dealer to me is a little over 30 minutes. I'll make the trek one of these days.

How about another installment before some of us get swamped with holiday festivities?

THE "UNDER" SHIRT

This is one of those detail pieces that I imagine the vast majority of you will skip out on. Doing this costume accurately is starting to get expensive, and this shirt is never meant to be seen. Hunting it down for the sake of accuracy... Why bother, right? More like, why not? ;)

A few of the Stephen Amell fan sites have had some really good "on set" pictures. Stephen has even posted some invaluable reference himself. Many of which clearly show this under shirt that is worn under the jacket. For those of you who only have to say, "but he's shirtless under the jacket in the show."... noobs. :facepalm

PROOF

ua shirt.JPG

Are you ready for it? Of course you are!

Under Armour Heat Gear Fitted Crew, Item #1209054, to be exact. Now discontinued.
https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-heatgear-fitted-ua-base-long-sleeve-crew/pid1209054

ua2.JPG
ua3.JPG

Yes, real Under Armour. [RANT]I still don't quite understand why so many people need to call any generic compression/athletic shirt as "Under Armour". [/RANT]

What's the catch? This is a 2012 model, which is becoming more and more difficult to find. The current model is a bit different.

It looks like the only modifications done to the screen used shirt are:
3/4 length sleeves
Tucked collar front
Covered UA logo

Last edited:
Underarmour Heatgear is a great thing to have in general if you plan to wear leather costumes.

I wear a full set under my Dredd leathers, they are a god send.

Though... you WILL reek like a locker room when you take your jacket off, at least you won't be cooking.

LOVING this thread. Well done!!!

One dumb question coming from a non-archery inclined person... If you hold the bow in your right hand, it's a right handed bow I assume?

Wes

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back