T'is the season! Luke's Holiday Special lightsaber!

Re: FINISHED (post 38) - Holiday Special Luke Lightsaber build! 03/29

^ Indeed ... it looks to new and prestine as if being just 'bought' from the jedi-utility-store ... might I suggest you wear it daily from now on and have it weather naturally? ;)

Chaim

Thanks all,

it does actually look kind of clean and cartoony with the control box - not that it's a bad thing. Just looks like something out of the clone wars animated.

My nephews were over at my place, looking at the saber line-up... the oldest (age 8?) grabbed the holiday special "I like this one".

Ha... NO.

Again... must be the cartoony look.

Bravo Neo! That's one of the best Holiday Specials:thumbsup
I'm still looking around for a hilt for myself. If I catch one up, I'll use your template above.

Re: Finishing Saber Projects! Holiday Special (post 38) Hardware MOM Vader (post 47)

So next saber on the "to finish" pile... the MOM ROTJ Vader Saber.

14302082522_d6f5fca8d5_c.jpg

This is the first prop I ever tried to make and never finished. Everytime I stumbled across the shoe box of parts, I would feel like I should finish it off, but knowing how innacurate it was, it seemed like a waste of time.

But Tested's Adam Savage and his wonky First Blad Runner Blaster inspired me to finish it off.

You can check out the not-so-complete build thread here:

http://www.therpf.com/f79/remember-vader-mom-rotj-tutorial-finished-191787/

So that's TWO off my saber pile finished off... Got a few more to go....

14117445297_2ac7d57f13_c.jpg

My current project line up... the rest are in a box...

14302060652_201cc23b0f_c.jpg

Maybe I'll finish off the Luke ESB and ANH next... Just need to go to visit my friend with the drill press....

Re: Finishing Saber Projects! Hardware MOM Vader (post 47) Holiday Special (post 38)

NM!!!

Had other plans for this post, but figure I'll keep this as a Holiday Saber post.

Last edited:
Re: Saber Builds! Anyone recognize this Vader Saber - who built? (post 48)

no post here! move along! move along!

Last edited:
Sorry to flog a dead thread but what did you buy for the O-ring and post? struggling for the search word!

Sorry to flog a dead thread but what did you buy for the O-ring and post? struggling for the search word!

No worries! It's that time of year! (when I get messaged questions about this saber)

O ring? I believe I ordered a couple off etsy at the time. Crafting ladies have tons of them.

Not sure what you mean by "post"

No worries! It's that time of year! (when I get messaged questions about this saber)

O ring? I believe I ordered a couple off etsy at the time. Crafting ladies have tons of them.

Not sure what you mean by "post"

The post is the bit I'm struggling with, the bit that attaches the o ring to the bottom

So, I missed this during my first flip through of the new archives book, but apparently the Holiday saber was also an ESB saber. It was used in an insert where Luke unclips himself from the cable while hanging under the AT-AT. You can’t see it onscreen, but it’s there as a confirmed ESB production used belt hanger!

Attachments

• 8AEEAE96-7ECC-4D22-92D3-9E26E482624B.jpeg
    8AEEAE96-7ECC-4D22-92D3-9E26E482624B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 320
  • DD24913C-E24C-4FB0-956D-81478591F2A5.jpeg
    DD24913C-E24C-4FB0-956D-81478591F2A5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 310
I'm not sure about the king sol clamp, but the switch seems to have a visible arc portion and a small tab, as opposed to most like switches where all you see is the big tab.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back