UK foam builders, what are you using?

I am using 6mm ld45 plasazote. Amazing but as already mentioned its expensive. Have tried 8mm Eva floor mats but hard to cut. Have att a pic of current build
Sorry pics at funny angle lol

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387735147000.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387735147000.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 179
I

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387735263075.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387735263075.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 165
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387735296712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387735296712.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 194
Hi,
I am really interested in learning more about the template you used, methods, tools and materials too, as I'm interested in having a go at exactly the same thing.
Looks amazing Mate, looking forward to seeing your progress!
Dave

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

i use the floor mats bought from Halfords, You get 6 in a pack for £10, usable surface area 57cm x 57cm x 10mm (that is after removing the jigsaw pieces)

i use the floor mats bought from Halfords, You get 6 in a pack for £10, usable surface area 57cm x 57cm x 10mm (that is after removing the jigsaw pieces)
Do you find 10mm too thick for some work?
or do you use the 10mm for selected parts, and use thinner for smaller pieces?

How does the Halfords mats hold up to heat shaping etc?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do you find 10mm too thick for some work?
or do you use the 10mm for selected parts, and use thinner for smaller pieces?
yes sometimes its too thick, but it depends what you're going for...

How does the Halfords mats hold up to heat shaping etc?
i find it shapes quite nicely.. you need to get that 'feel' where you can soak a lot of heat into it evenly without burning (i find long kinda long 'tai chi' speed back and forth over the whole sheet then flipping it over and repeating a few times works for me, you have to be patient to get really good results! and usually more soaking on the convex side)

We can recommend our PE45 foam, PE30 EVA foam or our PEM30-X foam sheets for props and cosplay.

- PE45 - 45kg/m³ density. "smooth", closed cell foam (same density as LD45)
- PE30 EVA - 30kg/m³ density, "smooth" closed cell foam with EVA additives (makes the foam more elastic)
- PEM30-X - 30kg/m³ density closed cell foam with coarse cell structure (for detailing)

Foam sheets available online in 2m x 1m in varying thicknesses. Please visit our shop (www.foamrite.co.uk) if you need more details!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back