Venom

The symbiotes have been to Earth before. And they all tend to look like spider-less Venom. Heck, with a bit of mental gymnastics, this could even still tie in to the MCU in the future. If Clint can be a stable family man S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, instead of a semi-reformed criminal philanderer carnie, then Venom can find a way to Earth independent of the Beyonder and Peter Parker.

Little bit? LOL...

...or actually not at all at this point.

These eyes look alike:

Unknown.jpeg

These eyes don't.

spider-man-homecoming-header.jpgvenom-movie.jpg

When?

My memory of them was during the late 80's during the Beyonder/Secret Wars stuff...

When was it introduced before that on earth?

When what?

Yes, the symbiote that later became Venom was introduced in the 80s Secret Wars miniseries. But that's not the origin of this MCU iteration.

Oooops..

thought I had 'quoted' :)

from IP

The symbiotes have been to Earth before. And they all tend to look like spider-less Venom. Heck, with a bit of mental gymnastics, this could even still tie in to the MCU in the future. If Clint can be a stable family man S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, instead of a semi-reformed criminal philanderer carnie, then Venom can find a way to Earth independent of the Beyonder and Peter Parker.

Dont get me wrong..

I'll probably see it. LOL :)

But I always tend to like/want (need?) more of the 'original' comic book way of 'things'.. It worked.

It gave us these incredible characters/heros/stories that we all grew up with, and became 'brands'.

I also dont care for 'big name' actors all the time (depends).. I sometimes find myself being pulled -away- from the movie and seeing the 'actor'.. and not the 'character' (if that makes sense?) lol

And not a huge Tom Hardy fan to begin with either.. (dont hate 'em, just think there could have been a better 'fit' perhaps?)

* I think they could do a bit better on the effects from what I've seen in the trailers as well. (its close, but has a more 'plastic' look to me than 'ooze/slime'. (symbiote)...etc) :(

Its a hard movie to do IMHO..

You need to have been reading the Venom comics at least off and on over the last quarter-century. They've gone into the origin of the symbiotes, the times and circumstances of their having been to Earth, etc. We first were introduced to them in the '80s' Secret Wars, but a lot of backstory has been filled in since.

When what?

Yes, the symbiote that later became Venom was introduced in the 80s Secret Wars miniseries. But that's not the origin of this MCU iteration.

As far as I know, this is 100% Sony, and the MCU (aka Marvel Film Studios, aka Disney) has nothing to do with the movie. So it would strike me as odd not to have Spiderman in it, since it exists separate from the MCU Spider Man, who is believed to be deceased, albeit temporarily.

Sony can still do whatever they want with their Spiderman IP, so long as it doesn't violate their contract with Disney to share it. I doubt anyone outside of Disney and Sony are privy to the details of that contract, so to speculate upon it would be an exercise in futility.
So while it's primarily a Sony film, centered around Venom and Eddie Brock, it may still include Spiderman, even if it's only a flashback, or a cameo. So we will just have to wait and see.

To be clear.. I'm not saying that CANT do anything they like..... of course they can. So talking about who owns what, and contracts that need to be abided by is not the focus. :)

Its about:

1.) Making it as good as it can be.
2.) What the people/masses want.

I dont think its too far fetched to be 'raised' on a certain story line.. and expect some resemblance of it when a movie comes out sharing that 'story'..

If the film industry made what the people want, most movies and TV shows wouldn't get made at all. That, or they would all be better. They try, but they often fail. The Last Jedi and Solo are two recent examples. The Last Jedi didn't give the masses what they wanted, as noted by the massive fandom split based around the movie, and Solo, I don't of anyone who wanted that movie made. Of all the anthology film possibilities, I never once heard Solo mentioned. Lots of Obi Wan and Fett, but no Han.

And as for making them as good as they can, that, I do believe they at least try. Well, sometimes movies get made just to hold onto the IP rights. The 94 Fantastic Four, for instance (still the best FF film to date, lol).

I don't know what they are trying to do with Venom. Like I said, hopefully Spiderman is involved somehow, and they just haven't leaked it yet. That's the only thing, for me, that might redeem this.

Some villains are well enough established to hold their own film, but I still think they need the heroic contrast to be successful. I have little interest in a Joker standalone without Batman.

"I don't know what they are trying to do with Venom. Like I said, hopefully Spiderman is involved somehow, and they just haven't leaked it yet. That's the only thing, for me, that might redeem this."

I'm hoping for the same thing, man. I'm hoping for the same.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back