Venom

Tom Hardy is hit and miss for me. Venom can be done without Spiderman, but not this incarnation. Maybe if it was Flash Thompson (not the one from Homecoming) as Agent Venom, then, maybe. But there has to be a significant backstory to do an Agent Venom standalone.

I didn't like Hardy as Bane, he sounded like someone doing a bad, drunken impression of Sean Connery.

If I see this in theaters, and that's a big if, it'll be a weekday matinee a week after its release.

They really should've made Secret Wars as the next big multi-movie arc, and introduce the symbiote that way, the way it was supposed to.

(I mean, a better version of Secret Wars than the original lackluster miniseries, but still.)

If there's been no interaction with Spiderman, he wouldn't have the spider on his chest. Still, I'm not impressed, and won't rush out to see this.

If that's true, where do we draw the line? The entire origin is based on Spider-Man! I guess what's next? Superman was born not on Krypton but in New Jersey? Batman is no longer from Gotham City but downtown San Diego. Oh, and his parents are still alive. He just got beat up a lot as a child which caused him to create Batman! Oh why the hell not seeing as how we are just willy nelly changing characters origins to fit any story that will make us money!?

If that's true, where do we draw the line? The entire origin is based on Spider-Man! I guess what's next? Superman was born not on Krypton but in New Jersey? Batman is no longer from Gotham City but downtown San Diego. Oh, and his parents are still alive. He just got beat up a lot as a child which caused him to create Batman! Oh why the hell not seeing as how we are just willy nelly changing characters origins to fit any story that will make us money!?

I agree with you. But, I'll hold off full judgement until the first reviews and spoilers come through. It might make sense, and it might not. I'm leaning toward not, but I'm a pessimist and wasn't impressed with the trailer / teaser.

Yeah of course it's not there, in this version it was never Spidey's costume.

Which I would've loved to see, but if we're not getting that, it makes sense in a narrative structure sense. If we go through a good chunk of the movie of Peter slowly realizing it's sentient and malevolent and dealing with an addiction to it and finally letting go, and then it moves on to Eddie...then what, now we have a new main character for the movie to focus on, and we sit through him going through all the same struggles? And all that already happened in another Spidey movie, outside of MCU canon though it is, and it was not a well accepted movie at that.

Either it's a Spidey movie or it isn't. Might as well have one main protagonist, Eddie, and have HIM go through all those struggles. I get it.

I think there's something to be said for both sides,but Funky has a point that I very much agree on.
Look at what's happening in the name of artistic license.Many people and things don't look like anything anymore that we're used to from the comics,all because 'the drawing board is calling'.
I wonder if (and when) we're switching to audio books next,because there's no need for characters to look like anything familiar anymore; no,it's about their intrinsic nature,their talent as actors/actresses and what they embody :behave:unsure Sure,that flies and should be able to fly in the real world,but on screen dangit,I wanna see a recognizable hero/villain.

Never a Spidey costume/No interaction with Spiderman....

.....but yet resembles him? Why just have the same eyes custume look and feel but not ever actually have a reason for doing such?

(cant have it both ways)

Dude, I would LOVE if Batman was from San Diego. :D

Little bit? LOL...

Where else would that have come from? :)

You cant 'borrow' from the comics on the looks/appearance WITHOUT it being 'related'.. and then omit certain things and claim no existence.

If you dont want any association with Spidey.. then dont borrow ANYTHING from the comics or anything 'canon' that stems from that.....

* again.. cant have it both ways. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back