Venom

i hope this movie doesn't suck.....

I do. Even though I want the characters done justice, if it does well they'll proceed with their Spider-Manless Spider-Man universe. It's a lose lose situation from my point of of view, although doing poorly would have the upside of them probably selling the characters to marvel studios/Disney. Best to have all the spidey characters under one roof.

have you ever read the comics? That IS what venom is.

'meh'...

Not a fan of the 'Mr. Fantastic/Plastic Man' use of the 'power/symbiote'.

In the last part of the trail.. when hes 'transforming'... I'm not a fan of how 'plastic' the symbiote is looking either.. (makes it look too 'fake'.. if that makes sense) LOL

So far... it s a high D+..... maybe a C- for me...

Needs something 'more'.. a villain.. something.

I'm also not sold on Eddie Brock being a 'bad-ass' reporter or whatever they are trying to spin.

I have read the comics!.. Since inception to own story line/book..

And it never 'looked' (to my minds eye) so crappy or generic looking... as they have materialized it.

Dude why the hell is Woody Harrelson in everything now? And in important roles! Planet of the Apes, Star Wars, and now Venom? Ugh. Woody Harrelson sucks, he is too much of a goofball and I hate how he talks.

Dude why the hell is Woody Harrelson in everything now? And in important roles! Planet of the Apes, Star Wars, and now Venom? Ugh. Woody Harrelson sucks, he is too much of a goofball and I hate how he talks.

Agreed. I can never fully embrace him an any particular role, it's always just a (mildly differentiated) version of Woody Harrelson. :(

Well, we've got a new trailer, seemingly made to combat the 'venom is only in the final scene' rumors (and correct the pronunciation of 'symbiote'!):

It looks better than the first trailer, but man, does the dialogue in this seem, you know, not good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does Tom Hardy always sound drunk?

I'm fine with him not having the giant white spider, that seams like something the suit would inherit after being on Spiderman.

Everybody knows superhero movies are not about people playing tag.Violence is part of the franchise,period.Why not reduce the quantity and/or ajust the type of violence,so Venom can be part of the MCU?
If need be,toss in a different Spider-man for the rated Venom movies.He belongs in there

Last edited:
The eyes nose pancreas line is directly from the comics, so that was cool. The turd line however, was weird. Hopefully some of the CG gets cleaned up, but otherwise Ill be checking this out in theaters. Venom is my favorite Spidey villain, but man, I just dont get why everyone likes Tom Hardy. I have never seen him in anything where he acts well, or his voice isnt all kinds of irritating.

Tom Hardy is one of the most versatile working actors in the field. I liken him to a younger Gary Oldman. I particularly enjoyed his performance in the Revenant. Still not sure if his acting chops will be enough to save this one though. I do hope it's good storytelling.

Tom Hardy is one of the most versatile working actors in the field. I liken him to a younger Gary Oldman. I particularly enjoyed his performance in the Revenant. Still not sure if his acting chops will be enough to save this one though. I do hope it's good storytelling.
Ok I gotta here your side of this, because I completely disagree. Versatile how? You can barely understand what he says, even when he isnt obstructed by Chris Nolan. His performance in the revenant was the same as peaky blinders in my opinion. Please explain his acting chops to me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back