Venom

Wait, the accent is on the second syllable? sym-BI-ote? I've been pronouncing it SYM-bi-ote for decades.
Take this version with a grain of salt. Youre saying it right. I still dont get how you get the core of Venom without spider man. Im a huge venom fan, and this looks pretty bad. I hated how the teeth went over his head like a hood, instead of forming like they do in the comics. At least Tom Hardys teeth didnt get sharp like tophers did in SP3. I dunno, I want this movie to be good, but man. It just doesnt.

I saw the trailer with Hardy turning Venom and all I have to say is ewww. It looks like someone pulled a rubber mask off him and they just reversed the footage. Deff like the older Venom better.

Take this version with a grain of salt. Youre saying it right. I still dont get how you get the core of Venom without spider man. Im a huge venom fan, and this looks pretty bad. I hated how the teeth went over his head like a hood, instead of forming like they do in the comics. At least Tom Hardys teeth didnt get sharp like tophers did in SP3. I dunno, I want this movie to be good, but man. It just doesnt.

I actually thought the teeth hood was the usual

S_hf64fL.jpg

Sundowner Well, it kind of is, Im going mostly from comics. Depending on who drew him, (bagley is my favorite) the goo would form around with teeth in it and look all tendrily. I just thought with all the CG available today, and so many people in design, they would have come up with something cooler. Granted this doesnt come out til October, but still. More movement with the symbiote to make it look more alive ya know? Just seemed kinda lackluster to me. Like I said, Im passionate about the character, and this didnt do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sundowner Well, it kind of is, Im going mostly from comics. Depending on who drew him, (bagley is my favorite) the goo would form around with teeth in it and look all tendrily. I just thought with all the CG available today, and so many people in design, they would have come up with something cooler. Granted this doesnt come out til October, but still. More movement with the symbiote to make it look more alive ya know? Just seemed kinda lackluster to me. Like I said, Im passionate about the character, and this didnt do it for me.

I took it more metaphorically, in that it's representing how Eddie Brock is essentially "consumed" by the symbiote

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, the accent is on the second syllable? sym-BI-ote? I've been pronouncing it SYM-bi-ote for decades.

I've heard sim-bye-oat and sim-bee-oat in about equal measures. Stressing the second rather than first syllable though is one of those things no one has ever done anywhere.

Dialogue was super clunky and on the nose. "You kill people for your experiments", "the guy you work for is a bad guy".

The symbiote passes through his clothes without issue?!

Just like in the Spider-man Animated Series,the symbiote would enable its wearer to turn the symbiote into clothes as well.I think that's why it looked as if it went through the clothes.

@Sundowner Well, it kind of is, Im going mostly from comics. Depending on who drew him, (bagley is my favorite) the goo would form around with teeth in it and look all tendrily. I just thought with all the CG available today, and so many people in design, they would have come up with something cooler. Granted this doesnt come out til October, but still. More movement with the symbiote to make it look more alive ya know? Just seemed kinda lackluster to me. Like I said, Im passionate about the character, and this didnt do it for me.

In the comics it forms in lots of different ways, the hood being one version.

f7687664f4bfc8f3d392ee4d03d30260.jpg

'meh'...

Not a fan of the 'Mr. Fantastic/Plastic Man' use of the 'power/symbiote'.

In the last part of the trail.. when hes 'transforming'... I'm not a fan of how 'plastic' the symbiote is looking either.. (makes it look too 'fake'.. if that makes sense) LOL

So far... it s a high D+..... maybe a C- for me...

Needs something 'more'.. a villain.. something.

I'm also not sold on Eddie Brock being a 'bad-ass' reporter or whatever they are trying to spin.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back