Venom

And thats ALL I want to see until it comes out! I want to go back to how trailers were used to be. Its pretty cool to see just a bit of the symbiote contained in a case to kind of get an idea of how Venom might looks. They're off to a good start looking at the poster with the eyes and teeth

I had the opposite reaction. The trailer gives you nothing to go on as far as what the movie will be about. No clue if you're supposed to root for Tom hardy or loathe him. No hint of a plot. This trailer gives me all the meh. Personally, I don't think Venom is a great idea for a standalone film in the first place, but I'm hoping the next trailer brings something more compelling.

1. Until/unless Brock has some sort of encounter with Spiderman, the symbiote won't have any reason to have the white spider markings. That said, it wouldn't surprise me at all for Spidey to have at least a cameo in the film.

2. It wouldn't upset me at all if we don't see Venom itself until the very end of the film, with only a little more screen time than Luke had in TFA. The audience knows it's sentient, but it'd be cool if Brock et al go through most of the movie without realizing that.

I dunno... he gets exposed to the black goop, it makes him sick. He wakes up, noises seem overly loud, and he starts hearing whispers that he can't quite make out. He gradually gets considerably stronger, and every so often he can make out a word or two of what he's hearing.

Some incident results in him getting cut, but the blood is black...

I had the opposite reaction. The trailer gives you nothing to go on as far as what the movie will be about. No clue if you're supposed to root for Tom hardy or loathe him. No hint of a plot. This trailer gives me all the meh. Personally, I don't think Venom is a great idea for a standalone film in the first place, but I'm hoping the next trailer brings something more compelling.

You've kind of missed the point of venom in recent comic history, haven't you? he's a hero or a villain, depending on the circumstances. You likely won't be lead to root for or against venom in the movie at all.

Any actual word on if this is still supposed to exist outside the MCU?

I'm kind of excited, interested how they handle the Spiderman aspect, but I have hope they pull off something better than Topher Grace

Sort of like the Hulk for Spider-Man. Can be your friend, but something happens to make it all go sideways. I’m guessing Brock won’t be working at the Daily Bugle and getting his fee-fees hurt by Peter Parker in this version

I've been out of comics since about 07, but even in the 90's they were playing with Venom miniseries where he was semi heroic.
But that idea of not being led to root for or against him is nonsense. If he's the protagonist you better be invested in him one way or the other.
Regardless, Venom loses its primary motivation when you take out Spider-Man so I really don't know what they're trying to go for here.

Also mystified what they're going for here. The teaser seemed pretty odd. Though I was glad not to be force fed the entire 3rd act, it really didn't say anything either. So it's an origin story, ok.

Trailer seems pushed out cause they felt they had to, for some reason.

The base story is Lethal Protector and as far as I can remember spiderman wasn't in the story at all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back